Avulsions!!!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Bit like having a fire truck turn up first...innit? I rest my case!!!!
What is your case? Genuinely curious just because the post was kind of vague.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hey everyone. I've removed the images in the posts because it violates our rules.
EMTLife.com is a forum that is dedicated to EMS. As such, there may be material (such as photos and videos) that are of a graphic nature and may offend some members or readers. Our policy is that all graphic images must be hosted off-site, and a link will be placed in the post. The post MUST have a graphic image warning so that participants may decide if they want to view the material. The Community Leaders will edit any post that does not meet this requirement by removing the picture AND the link to the picture from the post. The common sense rule of thumb that you can use is the PG-13 rating. If it exceeds PG-13 then it needs the warning.

I've allowed the thumbnails to remain, as my comments are the warning.

phideux

Forum Captain
My first go round as a medic I worked the city and went on quite a few subway calls, I was the skinny new guy so guess who got sent to crawl under the trains???? Luckily though, in the city we didn't have an hour and a half wait for help. Plus we loved it when the fire guys showed up, they had all the cribbing and airbags and stuff.

To the OP, don't worry about cleaning it, control the bleeding, splint and wrap it the best you can, morphine, zofran, fluid and transport, let the ortho and vascular guys worry about the rest.

Daniel G

Forum Crew Member
I need help here is a persons leg is barely hanging by skin and tissue. And arriving on scene after asking for permission and treating it and performing your rapid ***. Would you clean the spot of the wound with saline water at the scene or en route???

-Tourny
-assess
-transport
-pressure dressing/large bore IV/o2/Vitals
-reasses/get HX
-transfer to ER facility

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
-Tourny
-assess
-transport
-pressure dressing/large bore IV/o2/Vitals
-reasses/get HX
-transfer to ER facility
How hard is it to just write tourniquet? Civilian EMS: not that high speed.

Bit like having a fire truck turn up first...innit? I rest my case!!!!
Well no. There is a time and a place for transport first response, life threatening hemorrhage would be one of those times.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
How hard is it to just write tourniquet? Civilian EMS: not that high speed.

Well no. There is a time and a place for transport first response, life threatening hemorrhage would be one of those times.
And TQ is the appropriate abbreviation anyway