Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't say you did stuff you didn't do.
That doesn’t really help me. I know that, but is asking like I said in the previous post enough to justify being “assessed” and selecting no abnormalities if there are none?

That doesn’t really help me. I know that, but is asking like I said in the previous post enough to justify being “assessed” and selecting no abnormalities if there are none?
FFS, stop.

Don't document assessment on things you didn't assess.

There's no other follow-up questions.. There's no other contingiencies.

If you have further questions (which you shouldn't) follow up with your supervisor at work for their expectations.

Here's your post:

"So let me ask this. If you have a patient with an isolated complaint, and you ask them “are you having any pain anywhere else?” Or “ is anything else bothering you” and they say no it’s just the one isolated complaint, is that sufficient to say you’ve assessed all the areas aside from ones related to the complaint, and you can mark “no abnormalities” in the ones not related to the complaint?"

The answer is no. I'm not the only one who's told you that. It's not ok to document that you've assessed things you haven't. Even when you see others doing that, it's not ok. Lying about your work is not ok. This is more about honesty and being a reliable caregiver than about EMS.

I used to teach. Ethics were not a fundamental part of my curricula because almost all students came to class with a basic sense of right and wrong. If you don't have that, you'll encounter problems much bigger than not understanding EMS documentation. I don't think you'll solve such problems here. The same would be true of communications issues. Perhaps you're not receiving what we're transmitting.

Maybe get a better sense of your general strengths and weaknesses from a trusted teacher or mentor, then work on improving with close guidance. There would be lots of upside potential for most young people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back