Arizona EMS System

Medical Skeleton

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the EMS sytem in Arizona? I hear that Pheonix is number one in the country for innovations. Looking more towards Mohave County if possible (Lake Havasu/Parker/Kingman).

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by Medical Skeleton@Oct 21 2004, 09:56 PM
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the EMS sytem in Arizona? I hear that Pheonix is number one in the country for innovations. Looking more towards Mohave County if possible (Lake Havasu/Parker/Kingman).
I've only heard about Arizona's EMS system through my grandparents, who have relied on Phoenix EMS in the past.

My grandfather had several significant medical emergencies, and my grandmother told me she never saw such professionals (as in the EMS). She said they arrived in minutes, and provided aggressive treatment.

She's old and cynical, and critical of almost everything. For her to say that, it shocks me.

Sorry I can't provide better more objective data, but that's all I got :)

OP
OP
M

Medical Skeleton

Forum Ride Along
Thanks. I am trying to find out all I can because I am thinking very hard about moving out out their after my National Registry test. About all I will get for Lake Havasu is geriatrics and intoxicated boaters.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Well, considering Arizona has one of the most widely used triage systems in the country, I guess that's a good thing. And, all the way from NY, one of my Chiefs has a big "thing" for the Phoenix Fire Department (EMS included)... they're the one that developed the Arizona Triage System. I'd almost say it's hero worship. But then again, he's a little wierd.