Apply or Not to Apply

southernbell

Forum Ride Along
Waiting on NREMT to complete processing[/B

Due to my first practical expired in '08, I recently retook it and passed on March 7, 2009. My Cognitive test was completed on February 6, 2009. I have been waiting for NREMT to update my profile stating that I am know nationally registered however this has not occurred yet. My question is whether I should wait for my national registry number and expiration date before apply to EMT-B jobs or is it acceptable to start applying now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Did you pass? If you passed then apply and let the companies know that you're just waiting on the card from the NREMT.

I knew I was getting certified, but Texas is SLOW (3 weeks to update website), so I told those I applied for and they said that was totally fine, and expected.

reaper

Working Bum
Waiting on NREMT to complete processing[/B

Due to my first practical expired in '08, I recently retook it and passed on March 7, 2009. My Cognitive test was completed on February 6, 2009. I have been waiting for NREMT to update my profile stating that I am know nationally registered however this has not occurred yet. My question is whether I should wait for my national registry number and expiration date before apply to EMT-B jobs or is it acceptable to start applying now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Even though you may have passed NREMT, you still need your SC emt-b card. No one will hire you without it. Contact the NREMT and once that is done, contact the state.

It can take a few weeks for your practical results to reach the NREMT office. It depends on the the testing processor and how long they take to get the info to them.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Contact your state EMS division, then find out if they have the results. Registry has about 24 hr turn around (if the state has done their job)

R/r 911