Anyone with experience with Allegiance Ambulance in Texas?

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
As the thread title says I'm just wondering if anyone out there has worked for them or knows someone who does?

OP
OP
R

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
Actually, why I'm here, I know I asked about Allegiance but I'm open to other suggestions for CCT work. I love CCT. I live for it. I've got five years high volume CCT exp (including IABP w/o a hand holding RN aboard) plus a year of Flight exp plus FP-C, CCP-C, C-NPT, and PNCCT.

NTXFF

Forum Crew Member
I know a few people that work for them. They are not a high volume CCT transport company from my understanding though they do get some.

OP
OP
R

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
I know a few people that work for them. They are not a high volume CCT transport company from my understanding though they do get some.

That's unfortunate. There's gotta be a high volume CCT company somewhere in Texas.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That's unfortunate. There's gotta be a high volume CCT company somewhere in Texas.
Not so much in Houston. The rural areas double their 911 as critical care a lot

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
In North Texas its spread among like 4 different companies.
Same in Houston. I'm willing to bet AMR has a large percentage, but i also know their cct trucks end up on bls runs a lot too

NTXFF

Forum Crew Member
Same in Houston. I'm willing to bet AMR has a large percentage, but i also know their cct trucks end up on bls runs a lot too
It's really dependent on which county. From a buddy that works at allegiance "Haha they act like we do a lot of CCT but 3/4 of our boxes don't have vents or pumps." In Denton and Collin county the majority are run by Sacred Cross who I work for part time and Acadian (spelling?). Dallas is AMR and Careflite. Allegiance in Denton and Collin county is more known as a dialysis company.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I'm a current Allegiance employee. Been pretty happy, but we have a lot of the same complaints that people do about most services.

Allegiance has a few CCT crews, but like most of the services in the area (Sacred Cross isn't a high volume CCT service either) the volume isn't all that high. I see Acadian's CCT truck sitting at dialysis facilities all the time. CareFlite nabs more than any because of the investment from THR & Baylor, although a lot of the "CCT calls" can be handled by a system ALS unit as well.
Allegiance doesn't label trucks as CCT, so you wouldn't know one just by looking at it. Guardian had a big old Freightliner, but it died ages ago.

"Allegiance in Denton and Collin county is more known as a dialysis company."

We have a whopping two dialysis patients in Denton. Everything else is the same stuff anyone else gets. Facility -> ER, Hospital -> Facility, Facility -> Facility.