Anyone from PA (Lehigh Valley Area)

62_derick

Forum Crew Member
I am a new emt and looking to take a Paramedic assist class but can not find one. Does anyone know of one that can be taken around here.

I live in PA eastern part, Easton, Pa but I dont mind traveling to Lehigh Valley area.

Thanks

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Paramedic class, or ALS-Assistant class?
ALS Assistant is a con-ed class that will pop up now and then. Not sure that ANY of the above agencies teach it.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
Well, darn, my station just had one. We upgraded from a BLS to an ALS service yesterday and had an assist class a few weeks ago. I'm new to my area, but I'm pretty sure I'm in Eastern PA (I moved to take one of these new paramedic jobs.) Have you looked on the EMS federation website? I'll check with some people at work this week and see if they know of any other classes available. I believe I'm in what you'd called the Susquehanna Valley.

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
You might be able to get information by calling the EMS Council. If it is registered for CONED they will know about it.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Just ask a paramedic to show you his gear and explain it to you. Most medics I've met are more than willing to teach, and it isn't exactly rocket science.

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
Just ask a paramedic to show you his gear and explain it to you. Most medics I've met are more than willing to teach, and it isn't exactly rocket science.

Yea I know how to hook up a 4 lead, spike and prepare an IV, and other ALS skills but if I can take a formal class to receive CONED for it I will.