Anyone else get this?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I got this in an e-mail today, but I've never been on the rescue-net.com website. I wonder how she got my e-mail address.

Subject: please help an emt student out

Hi,

I saw your email on rescue-net.com and wanted to ask you a question....I know this is not what you are on the site for but I am having a little trouble with a homework assignment a teacher gave me for EMT-B class....Well the question is actually how to triage patients....and I just don't understand it.....okay this is what he told us. He said we have to choices to triage the person dead or critical and I am the first on scene there is a 2 car MVC involving 5 pts. can you help me out?

If so here are the patients just kind of explain to me if you can how to triage these people and why...He also wanted to know which pt. we would take to the er first.....Here are the pts.

Car #1
The damage of the car is that both air bags are deployed the windshield has starburst patters on both sides which I know may indicate a head injury on both people and the sterring wheel is has deformities

In this car pt. 1 is the driver who is awake and confused...restrained i guess by seatbelt
In this car pt. 2 is the passanger taking gasping breaths, thready pulse at the carotid artery....this is the pt i think needs help but some reason I want to think he wants us to triage this person dead I do not have a clue

Car #2
The damage of the car is extensive frontal damage
Pt. 3 partially ejected and hanging through the windshield...arousable when spoken to
Pt. 4 slumped across front seat telling you to get me out of here
Pt. 5 is obviously dead with major head injury...this one should be triaged dead I know so!

If you could tell me your opinion and how you would deal with this situation....or help me answer this question I would greatly appreciate it....and thanks a lot for your time!

Anyway, I was just curious if anybody else has seen this e-mail. I did a yahoo search of the e-mail address, and was directed to a soon to be released website about a church.

If this e-mail is from any of the members on this forum, please PM me so that I know who it is from. Thanks.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
That's weird. Is your FD website listed on there? Maybe she's from your area and got your email off the FD website? They seem to have links for hundreds of departments on rescue-net.com.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Jan 25 2005, 06:55 AM
That's weird. Is your FD website listed on there? Maybe she's from your area and got your email off the FD website? They seem to have links for hundreds of departments on rescue-net.com.
Well, I went and did a search for my e-mail address on that site. Lo and behold, I had visited the site back in June and posted one message (that had only one reply)! She must have really searched for it to find it.