Anyone care to explain hosptial EMS communications in NJ?

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
I'm posting this off topic as this is just purely for my own understanding.

I was going through my patch collection, and have a patch from Helene Fuld Medical Center Emergency Communications. I understand the hospital now operates under a different name, but I want to know what the emergency communications role was? Is it just online medical control, or do some hospitals dispatch? I'm sure at some point they ran their own EMS units, but as I understood from Trenton EMS, they don't anymore. Anyone with some insight would be appreciated.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I'm posting this off topic as this is just purely for my own understanding.

I was going through my patch collection, and have a patch from Helene Fuld Medical Center Emergency Communications. I understand the hospital now operates under a different name, but I want to know what the emergency communications role was? Is it just online medical control, or do some hospitals dispatch? I'm sure at some point they ran their own EMS units, but as I understood from Trenton EMS, they don't anymore. Anyone with some insight would be appreciated.
Helene Fuld is now part of the Capital Health Systems http://www.capitalhealth.org/medical-services/trauma-emergency-services/emergency-services

They are contracted to provide 911 BLS service for several towns in mercer county, all ALS units, as well as handle non emergency transports. Their Dispatch Center, Lifecomm, handles emergency EMS communications for Trenton, Hamilton, Robinsville, and the majority of Mercer County's EMS units. Mercer County does the majority of the county's fire and some EMS agencies. Many of the individual towns do their own police dispatching.

OP
OP
EMDispatch

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Thank you all very much. I just like to know a little more about agencies I have represented in my collection.