Anybody have a copy of SOP's/SOG's?

bmennig

Forum Crew Member
Was wondering if anyone has a copy of their departments SOP's and SOG's. I'm in the process of making them but a base to start from would be great. My service is all volunteer so volunteer SOP's/G's would be best. Thanks in advance!!

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Exactly what are you looking for? Here, the state puts out SOP's, that outline the scope of practice and the state's accepted treatment methods for each level. SOG's are set by each department and cover everything that they want you to do as an employee that is not covered in SOP's. Then there are protocols set by the medical director. We have all of them are online but you need an employee login to read them. If you can let me know more specifically what you're looking for I can cut and paste.

OP
OP
B

bmennig

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the links thus far. What I'm looking for is more or less guidelines within the station, for example, biohazard's (what to do with...) when to wear turnout gear, what to do with personnell issues, radio procedure etc. I know some guidelines I've seen are quite extensive, but we have no gidelines what so ever so we would like to make them. All our personnell are trained well in the state protocols for BLS but I need internal deptartment guidelines.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Wow, look for local experience.

You MUST work with your medical director to formulate your standards of care and ensuent protocols. The director then must not bust the state's level of care standards though. (Mostly).

Find a successful department nearby and see what they are doing for the personnel and safety issues. Yor insurance co will have input about vehicle ops. (NO insurnace co.? Fugeddaboudit).

Last of all, check with your department's lawyer. If they don't have one, good luck with THAT.