Any woodworkers here?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh dude my house whenever I buy one is going to have the ultimate shed/ shop lol.
Yea, thats what I have now. My little model railroad goes around it and the center my work bench with mill, mini lathe and saws. Tools in cabinets around the room. We're moving to Kern County currently looking into Tehachipi. I would like a little house with land and a work shop thats all I need. I inherited a small miniature live steam locomotive the type you can ride on from a decreased family member that I would love to have go around the house.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Oh boy... just found a crosscut saw thats on the list of things I want.

CALEMT

Or the old school 2 man saw?

Its a single-person with a punch out towards the front and one towards the back by the handle. So yeah it can be used as a two person saw.

CALEMT

Yea. Fun stuff.

Efficient cutters cross cut saws are. A cross cut saw and a Gränsfors Bruk axe are near the top of my list.

CALEMT

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you ever enter competitions? Usually at the LA county fair they have lumber jack competitions. I've been interested over time but I have neither the beard or mustache to do it lol

CALEMT

Do you ever enter competitions? Usually at the LA county fair they have lumber jack competitions. I've been interested over time but I have neither the beard or mustache to do it lol

Didn't know they had a lumberjack competition. I have my whites smokejumpers, wide array of flannel shirts, but I can't grow a beard or mustache to save my life.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Didn't know they had a lumberjack competition. I have my whites smokejumpers, wide array of flannel shirts, but I can't grow a beard or mustache to save my life.
LOL yea, chain saw carving and the likes. I would be interested in log balancing!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I just go out and buy them lol
bd1e9cb254db89fee928b539bce8f481.jpg

CALEMT

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
But I want something well made... bam shots fired.
LOL oh snaps. I really like fiberglass handles over the wood. Less weight, better swing action but everybodys got their own feel.

CALEMT

I really like fiberglass handles over the wood. Less weight, better swing action but everybodys got their own feel.

Fiberglass is nice, but I'm kind of a purist when it comes to hand tools. I guess its the wild land firefighter in me. You can easily re-handle a wooden handle, can't say the same for fiberglass. Plus I like the feel of a good quality (Hickory) handle.