Any WI EMT's/Paramedics?

rjddvm

Forum Crew Member
I think the EMS classes for the next few years are going to be taught on the west side of town, since the EMS building on Commercial Avenue is going to be torn down and replaced with a new building.

rjddvm

Forum Crew Member
No, I don't. I do know that MATC is now taking over the Madison FD paramedic training from the UW hospital, so I imagine most of those students will do their ride-alongs with the FD ambulances. The additional student load is why they're offering two different class schedules, but I don't know if they have a certain # of spots reserved for FD students, or what.

hailstone

Forum Ride Along
Ok, I had originally looked at UW's program, but when I heard they were not having a class this year I started looking at MATC. Hopefully with the two schedules there will be enough spots!

rjddvm

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, me too. One of the instructors told me via voice mail that they have a lot of applicants this year. So fingers crossed, I guess! :)

hailstone

Forum Ride Along
I guess I do not have enough posts to be able to send PM's, but if you hear anything more could you e-mail me at hailstonewrangler at hotmail dot com.

Thanks!

lakersmedic

Forum Probie
I used to be an EMT-B in Kenosha, WI. I worked for an ambulance company called LJH Ambulance. Look them up online, and ask for Terry. I have a good buddy who is a dispatcher there and he is always telling me they need help. I am a Medic now and work in IL, but they are looking for both Basic and Medic. Its not a bad company. Good place to start. Look at Gateway Technical to get your license. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Sorry I missed this thread before. I'm from a bit north in WI but Kenosha has good job prospects for respectable wages if you're willing to work. There are 4 private services that cover milwaukee, the company in the south eastern corner is bell ambulance. They will take anyone with a pulse and a ticket generally and their pay is respectable (10.50ish starting as a basic). You can expect to run your arse off at any of the services in that area but for experience and a job it's not too bad. Not really a long term career company for most people but it's a good starting point. The only reason I mention Bell is that it's the shortest drive from Kenosha, up on the north west side is Paratech and there's 2 others but I know really nothing about them.

Look into Lakeshore Tech for your classes too, don't know about their basic but their paramedic program is absolutely top notch and their graduates get preferential hiring at several services up where I live. Lakeshore is just outside of Sheboygan so the drive from Kenosha shouldn't be any worse than MATC, hop on 43 and you're there.

Anything else let me know