Any info on lifestar Ambulance in Tulare, CA

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Anyone have any updated info on company? they don’t seem to have a website and all the info I have found on here so far is few years old.
Thanks!!!

HighlyUnlikely

Forum Ride Along
I would not recommend Lifestar Ambulance. There are 3 private ambulance providers in Tulare County - Lifestar Ambulance, American Ambulance of Visalia, and Imperial Ambulance. I would recommend AAV or Imperial over Lifestar by far. Lifestar historically has chronically understaffed their area. The crews are worked hard and coverage for their area is often done by the other companies during times of high call volume.

Lifestar covers the city of Tulare and has a station in the Pixley area. Lifestar covers most of the 99 Highway through Tulare County. The last I checked Lifestar had 2 stations in Tulare City (East and West). I believe staffing is 3-4 units in Tulare during daytime hours and 2-3 at night with 1 unit in Pixley. The Pixley unit is slower but is first up for long distance transfers. Schedule wise I believe they work some combination of 24 hour shifts for full-time.

Fresno American is also a good option in that area (not the same company as AAV). Fresno American covers both Fresno County and Kings County. Good equipment, good benefits, and decent money.

Feel free to PM me or ask me further questions.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I would not recommend Lifestar Ambulance. There are 3 private ambulance providers in Tulare County - Lifestar Ambulance, American Ambulance of Visalia, and Imperial Ambulance. I would recommend AAV or Imperial over Lifestar by far. Lifestar historically has chronically understaffed their area. The crews are worked hard and coverage for their area is often done by the other companies during times of high call volume.

Lifestar covers the city of Tulare and has a station in the Pixley area. Lifestar covers most of the 99 Highway through Tulare County. The last I checked Lifestar had 2 stations in Tulare City (East and West). I believe staffing is 3-4 units in Tulare during daytime hours and 2-3 at night with 1 unit in Pixley. The Pixley unit is slower but is first up for long distance transfers. Schedule wise I believe they work some combination of 24 hour shifts for full-time.

Fresno American is also a good option in that area (not the same company as AAV). Fresno American covers both Fresno County and Kings County. Good equipment, good benefits, and decent money.

Feel free to PM me or ask me further questions.

thanks for all the info!!! I applied and interviewed at imperial but didn’t pass my medical due a very very minor curvature in lower back 🙄. I currently work full time in Southern California but got offered to interview at lifestar for a part time position. But stated the schedule will be negotiable

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Lifestar is known as Deathstar in Kern Co. If I’m being completely honest, I have no idea why, but I can’t imagine it’s for flattering reasons.

It’s all farmlands north of Gorman.

Tulare Co. honestly seems kinda wonky. Like @HighlyUnlikely said, you’re better off trying American-Fresno...or, Kern County😁...

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Lifestar is known as Deathstar in Kern Co. If I’m being completely honest, I have no idea why, but I can’t imagine it’s for flattering reasons.

It’s all farmlands north of Gorman.

Tulare Co. honestly seems kinda wonky. Like @HighlyUnlikely said, you’re better off trying American-Fresno...or, Kern County😁...
Is there any compnies I’m keen that hire part time???

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
Medic or emt?
Not sure were hiring for medics anymore and we just hired 2 part time EMT's.

The background process is rather long through RRH so be prepared for that though.... best of luck. Its become an excellent company to work for.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Medic or emt?
Not sure were hiring for medics anymore and we just hired 2 part time EMT's.

The background process is rather long through RRH so be prepared for that though.... best of luck. Its become an excellent company to work for.

For medic. And is it still 911 after being acquired by RRH? I put my app in for per diem but still says being reviewed by hiring manager under my application status

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
How is RRH handling it?

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
Id say RRH is handling it terrific. 8 brand new ambulances, All brand new stations with All private rooms, huge pay increases and STILL opportunities for overtime (with partial built in OT weekly)

they've literally taken EVERYTHING about the company that was ****ty, old, broken and outdated it and replaced it with Top of the line equipment no matter what the cost. management structure has been completely reshaped to a very professional group who No longer micro-manages you and supports you in what you need.

So yeah, id have to say its going well.

RocketMedic

Id say RRH is handling it terrific. 8 brand new ambulances, All brand new stations with All private rooms, huge pay increases and STILL opportunities for overtime (with partial built in OT weekly)

they've literally taken EVERYTHING about the company that was ****ty, old, broken and outdated it and replaced it with Top of the line equipment no matter what the cost. management structure has been completely reshaped to a very professional group who No longer micro-manages you and supports you in what you need.

So yeah, id have to say its going well.
That sounds awesome. What sort of pay and schedules are we talking? When I looked in 2018 it was 15.xx/hour for medics and some weird 72/96 thing.

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
Pay for medics starts at 70K a year.ive only been a medic for a year and making 72K a year. It equates for My salary to 22.05 an hour with part of my shift at $33.00 an hour.

We also have EMT's here who are maxed out on their pay who now make WELL over 100K a year (obsurd? yes, but also true)

Shifts are 48 hours on, 96 Off.

RocketMedic

If I understand CA right, you make 22.05 for the first 8 hours, then 1.5x for 4 hours, then 2x for 12? Or is it different because 24s?

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
Different for 24s. It's straight pay until 40 hours and then time and a half for everything after that.

That's just how this place does it though and seems to vary from company to company.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Different for 24s. It's straight pay until 40 hours and then time and a half for everything after that.

That's just how this place does it though and seems to vary from company to company.
Are they actively hiring?