An amazing topic

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I was at an EMS conferecne for the last few days. I had the blessing of listening to a presentation by Steve Berry. He is the guy that doea the " I am not an ambulance Driver" stuff.

His cartoons are all over in the EMS world. Anyway, one of his presentations was on dealing with death. It was for EMS providers and our lack of training on the subject. It was a very moving lecture.

He speaks all over the country. I would highly reccommend attending ANY conference he is a part of.

He is a part of Sentimental Journey. I think that is what he called it.....
It is where they take Hospice or terminal pateints out for "one last trip" by ambulance to a place the person wants to go. He showed a slideshow, with picstures set to music. There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

Steve Berry is for EMS Providers what EMS Providers are to the public.... a life saver!

www.iamnotanambulancedriver.com

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I've been to 5 of his lectures on various subjects, and I always found his lectures to be informative and entertaining.

BTW, I corrected the spelling error in the thread title.

RALS504

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, he is awesome to listen to. He knows how to make you laff and think at the same time.

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I would agree that he is an AWESOME lecturer / speaker... although, on another level, I lost a little respect for him at a local conference here a few years ago.... DT4EMS... I'm jealous, I wanted to go to the ICE(P) conference, but the new job (that is not EMS related) had me too booked up. How were the break out sessions?

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
joemt said:
I would agree that he is an AWESOME lecturer / speaker... although, on another level, I lost a little respect for him at a local conference here a few years ago.... DT4EMS... I'm jealous, I wanted to go to the ICE(P) conference, but the new job (that is not EMS related) had me too booked up. How were the break out sessions?

The Break outs were pretty good too. JR Henry did some legal stuff (that I really enjoy). The conference overall was very good. I was more than pleased. A lot of times people use them for an excuse to drink. That really wasn't the case this time.

Thanks for fixing my spelling error FFEMT8978. :)

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I think I have heard JR Henry speak before.... even have the old handout.... pretty good stuff.... well, I hope you at least bought me something cool from one of the distributors.....

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
joemt said:
I think I have heard JR Henry speak before.... even have the old handout.... pretty good stuff.... well, I hope you at least bought me something cool from one of the distributors.....

I snagged a bunch of trinkets from Air-Evac. Heck they had fancy trauma shears, caribeaner LED light and stuff like that. I got a cool pen from the Lifepack 20 (Medtronic) and a koozie from MEMSA and a few MEMSA pens.

The EZ-IO guys were there too. They wouldn't let me have one though. Bwahaha!!!

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
You know my address right? :lol:

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Story of my life... well in that case I got you a new Ambulance... but I can't afford the fuel! :lol:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've heard Steve Berry speak at the last 2 JEMS confrences... and have the DVD from his 2003 keynote session in Philly... where he does his "Stand-up, sit down" game... to see if you belong in the audience....

I watched it 2 weeks ago with a partner at a standby... we were both rasing our hands.... (Ever thought the strecher was locked in the up position when it really wasn't?)

He is a great speaker. This year, he mentioned Jeff Forester.. the former President/CEO of Pridemark Paramedics... where Steve Berry, Thom ****, and lots of other great people... he pointed out that when Jeff got fired by the new board of directors last year... that a large number of the field staff and management team quit too...

Jon