• YES

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • NO

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doc5242

Forum Crew Member
How many of you work for AMR (american medical Response) ? I just recieved and offer to work for them for a decent wage.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
i have a friend that works there, and is fed up with the dispatchers. he is ready to quit because of the fact that they don't give a damn about the crews under them.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I know someone who used to work for them. Got hurt in a wreck in the unit while on a call, they fought the workplace injury claim tooth and nail. He no longer works in EMS.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
i have a friend that works there, and is fed up with the dispatchers. he is ready to quit because of the fact that they don't give a damn about the crews under them.

But Doc5242 keep in mind this is not always the case. All dispatch centers are different. Some AMR dispatch centers are in the AMR office(s), some sit right along side of local 911 operators.

PA... has your friend tried to kill them with kindness? Maybe order a cake, pizza, subs, something for them? Cause we all know dispatchers love to eat.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
well chimp... he has tried that, but the yelled at him saying that they already had trouble fitting in their chairs... j/k he can't order anything to be delivered to them because of a locked security fence, and he can't deliver them personally because of distance... he is in a rock and a hard place.

The biggest problem is that they hold him over 3-4 hours on all of his shifts (which are 12 hours) everyday

oldschoolmedic

Forum Lieutenant
run, don't walk, runnnnnn...

I consider my two years of employment there to be the WORST two years of my career. Indifferent management that only cares about UHUs, and keeping hours to a minimum, dispatchers that have no business being dispatchers (ours was a Hooters waitress the manager hired without interviewing) and vehicle maintenance that was carried out by the absolute lowest bidder, CHIMPs could have done better.

oldschoolmedic

Forum Lieutenant
sorry no offense meant Chimpie, I should have said Llamas could have done better.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
CHIMPs could have done better.
ban.gif

sorry no offense meant Chimpie, I should have said Llamas could have done better.
drinking33.gif

dschambers3

Forum Probie
The company I worked for just sold out to AMR. I finished the entrance paperwork and other stuff today. AMR seems ok it has perks but it also is the largest ambulance service in America so BS comes with it. I am very disappointed with their Paramedic school. I applied, took the entrance test and never heard back from them. I only intend on staying with them until I get a firefighter job. I hope that will be soon.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
I'm happy to say that I've did my two years in the whole and repaid my debt to society:wacko:

How may of these can we come up with?:p

Another Missed Response
Ambulance May Respond
AM-rta (MARTA is the ATL Rail system)
American Medical Rejects...

OP
OP
doc5242

doc5242

Forum Crew Member
I was looking to sign with them because I was told, that once you are an AMR employee, you can transfer anywhere they have a base very very easily, I was looking to go to DC, or somwhere in the south.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
worst job i ever had. they dont care about you at all. you are a number. and if you cost them money, watch out.

find another job. you'll be much happier shoveling poop at a barnyard

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
I was looking to sign with them because I was told, that once you are an AMR employee, you can transfer anywhere they have a base very very easily, I was looking to go to DC, or somwhere in the south.

You have to be an employee for a year, have a clean discipline record, be accepted by the new operation, and have your current operation's aopproval...which means that if they are short handed, or they like you, or for whatever reason, then they can deny it.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I'm happy to say that I've did my two years in the whole and repaid my debt to society:wacko:

How may of these can we come up with?:p

Another Missed Response
Ambulance May Respond
AM-rta (MARTA is the ATL Rail system)
American Medical Rejects...

From another site that many are familiar with:

AMR- Another Murderer Responding, Award for Murder Recipient, Another Medicare Rejection, Another Mexican Replacement, All My Retards, Ambulance Might Respond, Another Mediocre Response, Another missed rescue, a-moral rejects, Ahh My Ride, Ambulance Might Respond ,Ain't My Responsibility or Another Medicare Run, Amercian Money Response Another Medicare Run, AMR spelled backwards is RMA, Ain't My Responsibilty, Almost Made a Rescue, About Made a Response, Americas Most Reduclous, American Medical Retards, Assaulted My Rectum, *******s, Morons, and Rejects

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I worked for a private that competed with AMR, and I'm not sure we were much better.

My personal favorite was, All Mighty Retarded.

It seemed like all of our EMTs had been around the block, but not many came from AMR... until AMR closed up shop.

revtaco

Forum Ride Along
I worked at AMR Ohio for 10 years, and honestly it wasn't to bad. The place I work at know the Corporate Sup. isn't an EMT, not even 1st.responder and he used to be the head Mouse at Chuck E. Cheese! I kid you not folks. He is the nephew ( big surprise there) of one of the owners.:rolleyes:

I have been in EMS for almost 25 years, and this place is really ridiculous. The right hand has no idea on this Earth what the left hand is doing. I took a trip not long ago to Kentucky to bring a pt. to Cleveland for treatment, When I got on scene the family told me he had been dead for 3 months. Somebody really checked on that one. I asked the Mouse when I got back who was supposed to check on it, and it was none other than the mouse himself!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
But Doc5242 keep in mind this is not always the case. All dispatch centers are different. Some AMR dispatch centers are in the AMR office(s), some sit right along side of local 911 operators.

In our county, they *are* the 911 dispatchers. Err, the dispatchers are county employees, and are simply dispatching the AMR rigs (and occasionally, us)