AMR Ventura questions

ghost02

CA Flight Paramedic
Hello everyone, I am going to start EMT training at Ventura College in the fall, while attenting Thomas Aquinas College, and I was wondering if anyone here could help me out getting a ride along with Ventura AMR prior to the class. I will gladly give more information (Background and such.), if you PM me.

I already tried emailing them, but have gotten no response. Phone calls never get returned, but that's ok, I know you guys are busy! :D

Thank you for your time,
Michael

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
due to patient privacy and insurance issues you will not be allowed to ride along prior to the class. your best bet will be to request a ridealong as soon as the class starts and they may be able to work something out. if you PM me when your class starts I will put you in contact with the people who can make that happen. and thanks the office is very busy right now with stacks and stacks of paperworks.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
When you are in your class you will get the chance to do a ride along. Infact its required.

Welcome to Ventura County EMS. Congratulations, you found on of the hardest counties to get an EMS job in.

OP
OP
ghost02

ghost02

CA Flight Paramedic
Go figure. Quick question, does AMR require steel toed boots?

I wounder how the market is in Montery or the Bay Area.