AMR Texas CCT

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
Just wondering if anyone had an info on or were currently working as a CCT Paramedic for AMR in Texas and could give some info on pay, call volume and quality, protocols, equipment used, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I keep getting hearing AMR doesn't like employees working over 36 hours a week. True?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Are you currently working for AMR and looking to transfer? Or are you looming for a job and just fairly set on AMR?

OP
OP
R

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
Are you currently working for AMR and looking to transfer? Or are you looming for a job and just fairly set on AMR?

I was recently hired by another company but have been asked to test and interview for a CCT spot so I'm trying to gauge whether or not it would be worthwhile as compared to my current company.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Gotcha. Unfortunately I'll be of little help to you. AMR doesn't do much around here anymore ever since Acadian came in. Acadian does have a pretty good handle on the CCT transports down here in South Texas, though...

OP
OP
R

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
Gotcha. Unfortunately I'll be of little help to you. AMR doesn't do much around here anymore ever since Acadian came in. Acadian does have a pretty good handle on the CCT transports down here in South Texas, though...

Heh. I went to Acadian but I couldn't give them my word to two years and I also mentioned the "N" word -- nursing. Oops.

I do miss CCT work. I guess the sooner I get my ADN the sooner I can get into the ICU.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Where in Texas are you wanting?

Pretty sure AMR in San Antonio is limiting people to 36hrs a week.

As for their CCT I don't know much. It seems like we do most of the local CCT work but they appear to making another push to improve their volume.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
AMR Houston is still doing mandatory OT, with plenty of OT available. No 36 hour restriction here.

CCT stays fairly consistent averaging 6-8 CCT/SCT/Aircare3 transports a day with 2-3 CCT units and a CCT intercept unit. They are the exclusive CCT ground provider for the entire Memorial Hermann System, and a primary provider for Methodist, St. Lukes, and some HCA facilities. A lot of clinical changes in the near future, you may want to check them out.................

Pay and benefits are better than others as well.

PM me if you want more info.