AMR Palm Springs

SkiMaskWay

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone have any info on this Division ...shifts, pay, working conditions, etc...any info would be greatly appreciated. Also do they have Part time??

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Desert and exodus can chime in ;) they are overall a good division probably the best compared to the other two Riverside County divisions.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Shifts are Sun, mon, tues, every other wed & every other wed, thurs, fri, sat. 4 BLS shifts a day 15-17 ALS shifts a day. ALS is EMT / Medic. Pay is good, 2 raises every year. Working conditions are really good. Few little things as far as making sure your gear is all stocked and good, but division has no issues putting items OOS even for things that may not be major. Units are 08 and newer for ALS, top out at 275k miles for ALS and no limit on BLS, but they are very well maintained and during the summer, preferred over ALS due to the AC. BLS has manual gurney's, ALS has power. Par time is basically per-diem, pickup the shifts you want.

I'm transferring to hemet / pass, but the only reason is because it's an hour drive one way to PS. Otherwise I would never leave. I love it there. The management is awesome, supervisors are awesome and will have your back as long as you are a hard worker and help them when they need it. OT is getting harder to come by now though.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Shifts are Sun, mon, tues, every other wed & every other wed, thurs, fri, sat. 4 BLS shifts a day 15-17 ALS shifts a day. ALS is EMT / Medic. Pay is good, 2 raises every year. Working conditions are really good. Few little things as far as making sure your gear is all stocked and good, but division has no issues putting items OOS even for things that may not be major. Units are 08 and newer for ALS, top out at 275k miles for ALS and no limit on BLS, but they are very well maintained and during the summer, preferred over ALS due to the AC. BLS has manual gurney's, ALS has power. Par time is basically per-diem, pickup the shifts you want.

I'm transferring to hemet / pass, but the only reason is because it's an hour drive one way to PS. Otherwise I would never leave. I love it there. The management is awesome, supervisors are awesome and will have your back as long as you are a hard worker and help them when they need it. OT is getting harder to come by now though.

This. During the winter months we turn into more of an event medical company. It gets to the point where we will have at least one event everyday for 2 solid months.