Amr Houston

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone on here have any information on the hiring process with Amr?

I'e been trying to get on with them since May. I have a interview with them tomorrow. Kind of hopeful I get a position with them but, concerned as well. I am starting paramedic school Jan 9th and am just wondering how flexible they are with bring in school?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Does anyone on here have any information on the hiring process with Amr?

I'e been trying to get on with them since May. I have a interview with them tomorrow. Kind of hopeful I get a position with them but, concerned as well. I am starting paramedic school Jan 9th and am just wondering how flexible they are with bring in school?
I'm not sure But their reputation at that particular op leaves a lot to be desired. Are you tied to Houston itself, or is there a cjance you'd be willing to work further south? I know we are actively hiring emts right now.

OP
OP
T

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
I don' mind going further south. I applied to Houston because they had an Advanced Emt position open.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
AMR Houston looks terrible because their management's terrible and their people don't care.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sent you a message. Also just noticed you're four days older than me lol

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
I would suggest working there part time. I just quit there after a year to work at Memorial Hermann. You won't really do anything as an AEMT, it basically just gets you about $2/hr more in pay. Their equipment is junk, in the year I worked there, I broke down four times, one of which was in beaumont. If you don't work a morning shift, you will wait around for an hour or so for another crew to come back so you can have a truck. They constantly are out of equipment, the monitors finally got new pulse ox cables after months of not having any. One ODS doesn't do anything, another seems like he's going to have a heart attack or a nervous breakdown. The upper management doesn't really seem to care about their employees. I started as a basic and went to school and got my AEMT. I waited over a month for them to schedule me for field training for to work at an AEMT which is pointless since they don't practice anything as an AEMT. After all that though, I would work there part time and think its a decent job. At least as part time you can make your own schedule.

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
they have several choices. its similar to the insurance marketplace. there is several choices in gold level, silver level, and bronze level. you can also choose the extras that you sign up for