Amr Hiring Process?

Fightnflames

Forum Ride Along
Good morning all,
I just had a quick question about the hiring process for AMR in Southern California. I am about an hour before I go to take my written exam, the email only specified a written portion of a test, no skills or anything. I'm curious as to what will happen if I fail the test? I graduated my EMT school back in February of 2016, and it's been a while since I've actively practiced my skills. I've been working for Tough Mudder and Event Medic's, but the most I've had to do was treat a woman for dehydration. So yeah, I've read enough here and on other forums to know that the test is basically the national registry, but what will happen if I fail the test? Should I look for another company? Should I study more and re-test (if so, how long before I can take it again)?

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
What will happen if you fail the test is you will(most likely) not get hired. What you should do next is study the areas you are deficient in. Your next two questions can't be answered by anyone but you and your final question can easily be answered by your HR contact at AMR, although I might possibly hold on to that one until you need it. It isn't very confidence inspiring to hear a candidate planning for failure before they even darken the doorway.

I took the AMR exam 13 years ago. I don't remember it being very challenging then. I can't imagine its a real brain bender now. Go in and take a whack at it. You either do well and move on or you don't and have some decisions to make. Either way, you've come to far to sit on your butt and wonder what could happen. Grip it and rip it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you do not pass the written test then you will not move on to the next step of the testing/hiring process.

if you are allowed to test again will depend on if the company needs EMTs or if they are fully staffed at that time. So you may get told to study and come back in 2 weeks or you may get told that the positions are filled so you will have to wait.