Americare Interview

NuRed25

Forum Ride Along
Hey ya'll, I just moved to Cali from Nebraska because I just separated from the military. Well after applying to every job I could find for the last 2 months I finally got an interview for Americare on Monday. I haven't used or looked at anything EMT in like 8 months. Can anyone give me an idea what I need to expect for the skills portion of the interview for americare? Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!!

Manyuniforms

Forum Probie
Go to Care Ambulance bro. They'll love your military experience.
Very true I've heard Care ambulance has a really tight operation specially the field crews have nothing but good things to say about the company..

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Very true I've heard Care ambulance has a really tight operation specially the field crews have nothing but good things to say about the company..

I agree there is much better options than Americare, that place is definitely not employee friendly. I stuck around because I was able to consistently make about 60k a year but that was on a 72 hour work week. Definitely not worth the head aches. And for the EMTs not really good place to start your EMS career.

Emtsgv

Forum Crew Member
I just went threw the interview and testing they are not the friendliest people id take the advice and visit care as will I!

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
I just went threw the interview and testing they are not the friendliest people id take the advice and visit care as will I!

Funny thing is... The Only employees that really have 911 experience is the Medics that stay there because they're making 385 a shift .. the majority of the EMTs are fresh out of school and don't realize the shi__y treatment there being subjected to or should I say don't realize how EMS is supposed to be. All the managers are a bunch of uneducated inexperienced clowns with EMTs certs that maybe at one time got a taste of being a Volunteer FF or seasonal somewhere and lack managerial, leadership or mentorship abilities instead they attempt to write everyone up for BS... Rather than focusing on the important things... Go to any company other than Americare.. I see so many Young EMTs with such high expectations and enthusiasm about the job and in a matter of weeks their attitude completely changes due to the fact that its such a rotten place with nasty managers and dispatchers.

Last edited by a moderator:

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Funny thing is... The Only employees that really have 911 experience is the Medics that stay there because they're making 385 a shift .. the majority of the EMTs are fresh out of school and don't realize the shi__y treatment there being subjected to or should I say don't realize how EMS is supposed to be. All the managers are a bunch of uneducated inexperienced clowns with EMTs certs that maybe at one time got a taste of being a Volunteer FF or seasonal somewhere and lack managerial, leadership or mentorship abilities instead they attempt to write everyone up for BS... Instead of focusing on the important things... Go to any company other than Americare.. I see so many Young EMTs with such high expectations and enthusiasm about the job and in a matter of weeks their attitude completely changes due to the fact that its such a rotten place with nasty managers and dispatchers.

You should see the Lancaster station... Its ghetto..

Funny thing is... The Only employees that really have 911 experience is the Medics that stay there because they're making 385 a shift .. the majority of the EMTs are fresh out of school and don't realize the shi__y treatment there being subjected to or should I say don't realize how EMS is supposed to be. All the managers are a bunch of uneducated inexperienced clowns with EMTs certs that maybe at one time got a taste of being a Volunteer FF or seasonal somewhere and lack managerial, leadership or mentorship abilities instead they attempt to write everyone up for BS... Instead of focusing on the important things... Go to any company other than Americare.. I see so many Young EMTs with such high expectations and enthusiasm about the job and in a matter of weeks their attitude completely changes due to the fact that its such a rotten place with nasty managers and dispatchers.

Even "Tiki"?

newEMTgirl

Forum Ride Along
Hey NuRed, did you get the job at Americare? I just interviewed and got a conditional offer based on the physical agility test. Did you take the physical?