Americare interview on Monday

jgoodfernandez

Forum Ride Along
I have an interview with AmeriCare today as well. I am a little nervous, this is my first interview for an ambulance company so I really dont know what to expect. Either way it will be a learning experience. I do plan on dressing nice despite being said to wear a T shirt and what not though.

thisismikedee

Forum Probie
AmeriCare is looking to hire a lot of EMTs due to the fact that they just picked up the 911 contract for the city of Santa Monica. But be careful, very shady company, the only reason AMR couldn't grab the contract is cuz AmeriCare is known for giving "kick backs" to city counsel members and giving bribes to the people who handle the contracts. Of course, big companies like AMR can't do things like that because we are under the microscope due to our size, so companies like Americare fly under the radar. Moral of the story? The second someone blows the whistle to the right person, fair business practice laws come into play and bye-bye Americare...and your job. Why do you think there are so many small time ambulance companies that go in and out of existence in LA? Cuz they are all doing shady *** :censored::censored::censored::censored:. AMR has the capital to buy any competition, why don't we? Because companies have learned to Shield themselves from AMR buyouts by doing illegal things...automatically making them non attractive to AMR buyout power. AMR just waits for these companies to get caught, shut down, and put out of business...then we swoop in. It's only a matter of time

JPINFV

Gadfly
AMR has the capital to buy any competition, why don't we? Because companies have learned to Shield themselves from AMR buyouts by doing illegal things...automatically making them non attractive to AMR buyout power. AMR just waits for these companies to get caught, shut down, and put out of business...then we swoop in. It's only a matter of time

Or... for privately owned companies, the owner says, "No."

thisismikedee

Forum Probie
They don't have the chance to say no, all the books are public record, we just take a quick look at them and say hell no. I can list 4 companies in the LA area that have begged for a buyout and we just laugh at them. East Los angeles counties 911 provider has been trying to sell for ever haha

JPINFV

Gadfly
They don't have the chance to say no, all the books are public record, we just take a quick look at them and say hell no. I can list 4 companies in the LA area that have begged for a buyout and we just laugh at them. East Los angeles counties 911 provider has been trying to sell for ever haha

There's a difference between someone looking to sell their company and not finding a company and AMR trying to force someone to sell their company when they don't want to. While I have no clue about the attitude of Americare, no amount of money in the world is can force someone to sell if they aren't interested in selling. Hence why the concept of a privately held company doing something shady to prevent AMR from buying them is bogus.

thisismikedee

Forum Probie
Most privately owned companies are actually owned by private investment firms that look to tell companies when they are doing poorly to relief financial stress. Since these private investment firms merely provide the capital they allow the companies management to stay intact. The owner is still the owner, who recieves capital (to balance out uncollected bills, pay for numerous insurances, etc.) the management knows they will not be sellable practicing the things they do, and they know that when the firm tries to sell they won't be able to. Fool proof plan for the "owners" to keep making money. Eventually they pay back their initial investment and either shut down and retire, or try to sell.

almorajo25

Forum Probie
I was able to land an interview on Monday. What kinds of skills will be tested on and how is the interview portion? Any advice would be very helpful!