American Professional Ambulance

2BFFSAR

Forum Probie
Thanks for the replies guys, it helps a great deal.

Listening to what your saying, it does make sense.

And from first impressions, APA seemed to be pretty strict and not too personable, both at interview and phone.
They just called me earlier today saying their insurance may not accept my driving record (have 2 pts). They will call me later tonight or tom morning, which is fine, but I guess suddenly my offer is up in the air? Im glad I didnt call Bowers yesterday and tell them no or I might be out of a job completely!

Bowers however, from day one, email was very straightforward, interview was very chill and enjoyable with Randy and another supervisor, we had laughs and they immediately took me as people I would want to work with.

But given I probably would never see them while stationed at North Hollywood, it was basically the pay that drew me to APA. But now I realize I also would like to work for a friendlier company, and one that may provide a good reference for future FD or other EMS companies.

BTW, Danno, as you were the one who started this thread, what company did you end up working for? And how is it?

2BFFSAR

Forum Probie
Thanks for the PM Danno

So I found I have a schedule conflict with Bowers orientation dates. Last two days, I have to fly to New York to take a firefighter written exam. I called Randy about it and he was so nice about it and said he would talk to the orientation supervisor to see what he could do. I see what you guys mean :)

I think Randy's personable attitude has something to do with him being a firefighter earlier in his career.. ;D

ImVenom

Forum Probie
I JUST APPLIED HERE YESTERDAY. HOPE TO HEAR BACK SOON.