Ambulance Drivers License

Bryawn

Forum Ride Along
Hi, so I received my temporary about four months ago but have yet to receive the permanent. I called DMV and got put on hold for an extremely long time, after which they just said they're unsure what happened and to try waiting or to go get another temporary after the times up.

My friend's had this problem as well, and I'm thinking it has to do with the local DMV office that we go to. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? Also, I heard that the permanent is the exact same as the temporary but just a white paper instead of a carbon copy, is that right?

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
I had this problem when I worked in California. Sometimes they lose your stuff and you have to do it all over again. In theory you could keep the temp one if its not too long till your license expires. If you get stopped working just tell whoever that the DMV said to wait and that's what you've been doing.

Corey

Forum Probie
Hi, so I received my temporary about four months ago but have yet to receive the permanent. I called DMV and got put on hold for an extremely long time, after which they just said they're unsure what happened and to try waiting or to go get another temporary after the times up.

My friend's had this problem as well, and I'm thinking it has to do with the local DMV office that we go to. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? Also, I heard that the permanent is the exact same as the temporary but just a white paper instead of a carbon copy, is that right?

When I went to the DMV to get my ADL, I used an old LiveScan, but they still went through and gave me my temporary. About a month later, I received a letter from the DMV stating I needed to send in a new Live Scan to continue with the process. I sent in a new one, and about a month later, I received my ADL in the mail. You are correct in that the temporary ADL is pink and the permanent is the white copy. However, you do need the white copy after 180 days. My problem is a bit different from yours, but when my company was asking for my permanent ADL, I told them the situation and they said to be sure to contact the DMV after a few weeks if I have no received my permanent copy because it is not uncommon for the DMV to lose the copy or simply forget to send it back to me. That being said, if you have not received your permanent copy, I would suggest contacting the DMV headquarters in your state. For instance, all my information was sent to Sacramento, even though I live in Southern California, and if there was a possibility of something be lost or forgotten, the HQ is the place to call. Good luck.