Ambulance Companies in LA

DarksideIV

Forum Probie
So I've been an employee for Medlife ambulance, by today seems like the :censored::censored::censored::censored: hit the fan. Is there any GOOD (for whatever that means in the EMT world) companies out here in the LA area that do have their county certification and seem decent to work for?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Bowers

I've heard Medlife EMTs are pretty bottom of the barrel and poorly trained. At best, they are excellent kidney technicians who would fail miserably in a 911 setting. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who shares this opinion.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
You really want to work 911 and do something as an EMT come to AMR Riverside or Rancho. Irwindale is fine too but learn more being on a medic unit. Lots of great perks too

MKwolek

Forum Ride Along
When I was still in school my instructor didn't speak so highly of West Coast Ambulance, but I like working there. The only thing that is odd about WCA is they have drivers only and attendants only. Like I said they may not have the best reputation but everyone there is alright and they work well with your schedule for school or what not.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Why does it matter if company is county certified? As long as they have applied they can legally continue to work in the county. Just keep that in mind while you are searching for new company.

I heard Medlife got shutdown today.

MRSA

Forum Crew Member
So I've been an employee for Medlife ambulance, by today seems like the :censored::censored::censored::censored: hit the fan. Is there any GOOD (for whatever that means in the EMT world) companies out here in the LA area that do have their county certification and seem decent to work for?

http://ems.dhs.lacounty.gov/policies/Ref400/401-1.pdf

Here you go. Have fun.

But be advised, I came from medlife too. Make sure to watch THIS list so you don't wind up being recycled again and again and again...

http://ems.dhs.lacounty.gov/AmbulanceLicensing/AmbOperAppReceived.pdf

MRSA

Forum Crew Member
I've heard Medlife EMTs are pretty bottom of the barrel and poorly trained. At best, they are excellent kidney technicians who would fail miserably in a 911 setting. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who shares this opinion.

I'd say it's about even with every BLS company tbh.

I've seen my share of our own that were just ridiculous, then again I've seen a few that held a very good exception. From what I've heard that's pretty normal anywhere.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief

Medlife does not train their own EMTs, they come from the same schools that all other EMTs come from. So I would venture to say their training is the same and not "poor"

Hardly any of these companies in LA "train" or pay for CEs for their EMTs, so I am assuming how they were taught in school is what you get out of them on the streets. And whatever habits bad or good they happen to pick up in the field....... I will go out on a limb here and say probably bad, LA is not known as a HUB of good providers or services. I can't think of one