Ambulance companies for new EMT/college student in Los Angeles

midnitetots12

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone interviewed or worked for PRN recently? I have a phone interview with them - I was wondering what it was like along with in person interviews or anything like that?

Does anyone have any recs for good companies to work for (best in terms of student class balance, scheduling, etc). Honestly I'm not trying to get into a 911 company right now or anything super "high quality". Does anyone know companies that aren't too extensive with their interview process and are reasonable with scheduling.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I’m guessing you’re in LA. If so, just pick any of the 348 companies with their phone number on the side of the ambulance. I’m sure their commitment expectations are relatively low.

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
Has anyone interviewed or worked for PRN recently? I have a phone interview with them - I was wondering what it was like along with in person interviews or anything like that?

Does anyone have any recs for good companies to work for (best in terms of student class balance, scheduling, etc). Honestly I'm not trying to get into a 911 company right now or anything super "high quality". Does anyone know companies that aren't too extensive with their interview process and are reasonable with scheduling.
Current PRN employee. Majority of the people at PRN work here to move onto fire/police or to work in the hospital. BLS,ALS and CCT shifts available. BLS is pretty much hospital IFT with home discharges, no dialysis. I highly recommend picking up ALS and CCT shifts both for experience and to not lose skills and be bored. BLS can definitley be boring but you can also make extra money completing 6-7 calls. ALS is medic/emt, mainly patients who simply need a monitor per Kaiser but you'll get code 3 stemi's, strokes and traumas from Kaiser to higher care facilities. CCT is RN+2EMT's and mainly patients with vents and drips. Night diff is cool along with Holiday Pay. Rigs for the most part are well taken care of but still higher mileage.
When I did my phone interview, they just wanted to see what my goals and experience was. Once that passed, moved on to the 50 question written skills test and then an interview with the field manager. Offer letter was sent that same day and I attended a 32hr 4 day paid orientation the next week after getting tb and drug tested at their expense.
Best thing is the shifts availability. You can pickup and sub shifts and basically create your own schedule. Also, overtime is over 8, so you are guaranteed OT on every shift and there is call bonuses for every call over 3. DM me if you need more info!