Amb. Company Insurance

BurritoEsteban

Forum Probie
Has anyone ever had problems getting insured by your ambulance companies insurance for being to young? I'm 18 turning 19 in September and I've had my CDL for about a year now

I have no point on my driving records and the only ticket I've ever had was a street sweeper parking ticket haha.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yep. At my first company they had a limited number of spots for 20.5 y/os and everyone else had to be older than 21.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
My service prohibits driving to anyone under 21 with a good record. The insurance rates were too high.

feldy

Forum Captain
isnt it ironic that most of us have driven way over 120 hours by the time we turn 21 but we still cannot drive, but we can treat pts. with only 120 hours of training. Im 19 as well and am in the process of applying to companies and i too have a clean driving record. So we shall see what happens.

Bstone-what company do you work for? im in the MA-NH area too.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I got hired at 20.5 as an attendant only. But for the most part if you're under 21 most places won't hire you.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
isnt it ironic that most of us have driven way over 120 hours by the time we turn 21 but we still cannot drive, but we can treat pts. with only 120 hours of training.

Yes, but many of us don't necessarily consider that level of training to be a good thing.

huey28

Forum Probie
wow sucks for you guys out there i got my emt-b when i was 18 got a job working the 911 in lawrence ma... drove once i finished my probie thingy... but id rather be the tech in the back. driving with the lights and sirens get reallly annoying after about the first 100 calls