Quackers
I want to hear everything you know about it

LPw4l.jpg

What do we have, any pr qrts r-r qt info

Would like to see what you think

Last edited by a moderator:

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Sinus rhythm, running from around 60-75 bpm based on the 300 method, suspected hyperkalemia based on the large, peaked T-waves. I don't see anything clinically significant past that. Perhaps the variance in rate is benign, and correlates to respirations.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Well I see 5 consecutive 6 second strips. I am not familiar with a monitor that shows a second smaller waveform just above the main strip or the letter N above it. Perhaps you can enlighten me on this. Consistently I see 6 beats for every 6 seconds so a rate of 60. I see a P for every QRS and a QRS for every T. A bit hard for my eyes to make out but it appears each QRS is between .08 & .12 sec. long so as to be normal. The Ts are wide, tall and somewhat peaked so a possibility of hyperkalemia. There is 1 mm of st elevation quite consistently throughout. The base rhythm is sinus.

TomB

Forum Captain
Sinus rhythm. The bottom lead is V2 and the S-wave is cut off so we don't know how deep it is. If the S-wave is very deep then a secondary ST/T abnormality in the opposite direction would not be unexpected. Blinded to this information (along with the history and clinical presentation) we can't call it abnormal. Could be LVH. Could be BER. Could be LAD occlusion. I don't think it's hyperK because there is no late take-off of the T-wave. These T-waves are broad based and asymmetrical.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Oliver.

zmedic

Forum Captain
Show me a 12 lead, otherwise I don't think it's super useful to try to diagnose a 2 lead for anything other than rhythm.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
Show me a 12 lead, otherwise I don't think it's super useful to try to diagnose a 2 lead for anything other than rhythm.

No 12 lead available.

Just a few things I wasn't sure about

Last edited by a moderator:

firecoins

IFT Puppet

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Sinus rhythm. The bottom lead is V2 and the S-wave is cut off so we don't know how deep it is. If the S-wave is very deep then a secondary ST/T abnormality in the opposite direction would not be unexpected. Blinded to this information (along with the history and clinical presentation) we can't call it abnormal. Could be LVH. Could be BER. Could be LAD occlusion. I don't think it's hyperK because there is no late take-off of the T-wave. These T-waves are broad based and asymmetrical.

What's BER, if you don't mind me asking? I'd guess benign early repolarization, which would explain the clinicaly non significant STE, which is also in monitor mode, not diagnostic. On the old LP12, I've seen STE's in II, III, and aVF, which weren't showing when I switched to diagnostic.

And, when are you going to publish a 12 lead book? I've shown your site to quite a few people on the job.

TomB

Forum Captain
Yes, benign early repolarization. A book? I don't know. I used to think I didn't have the patience for it but if you added up all my blog posts you could probably make a book out of it! How about a smartphone app?

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Right ventricular Smith twitters with junctional mid-stem atrial frustration beats.