almost done

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, so I am almost done with the paramedic program... I have done well in the program and made good grades, but I don't feel anywhere near ready for the NR Exam that I will be taking in August.

Right now i have a few weeks left of cardiology, special populations, and med. emergencies. This summer I will take assessed based management, and 2 clinicals and then i will be done.

I have confidence, but I'm fairly sure that Im not ready... I know i need to study... that is the obvious... but where do I start ?????
any tips on preparing for the NREMT-P exam?

emtbass
emt-b
medic student
ER Tech

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome back, Joseph.

I don't have any tips for you...

But you might want to re-edit your signature... things don't work quite the same with the new programming ;)

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
thanks for the welcome back... I have been living without the internet for about 6 months and have finally moved somewhere it is avaliable.... :)

RALS504

Forum Lieutenant
I know some of my paramedic have praised the tapes or books "Pass Paramedic". Here in ICU some of the nurses are preparing for the Critical Care
Register Nurse tests with the "Pass CCRN" book. I found that for my National Registery EMT-I that the Brady review book was pretty good for question based reviewing. I also found the AAOS review book to be ok, but not as good as the brady book.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I have a problem when a student sasys "their are not close of feeling comfortable taking the test". There is a problem with the school or education site. Remember, the NREMT only examines on the minimal level required. All advanced portions on cardiac etc..were retreived form AHA ACLS. So there is no surprises.

I highly suggest you talk to your instructor and or program coordinator. As an instructor I would want to know this, as a Coordinator I would want to know students do not feel confident in their education level.

I also suggest, reviewing each chapter and outlining them. Purchase review books with scenarios based questions. As well as review your basic book, CPR, etc.. since over half the questions are at a basic level (which most students fail at).

Good luck in your studies.
R/R 911

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I feel confident at my basic skills and knowledge because I use them on a daily basis. Thank you for the advice.