Almost Done!

wadford

Forum Crew Member
Last Thursday was my last official class! I found out that I passed my EMT-B class and am going on to national registry on the 27th. Our instructor said that he will hold a mock registry the day before actual registry so we can get a feel for it. I've already been a "patient" for registry before. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for registry day?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Congrats! I'm assuming your talking about your practical exam. Know your skill sheets, critical fails, verbalize EVERYTHING and keep a cool head, don't let yourself get all riled up.

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
Last Thursday was my last official class! I found out that I passed my EMT-B class and am going on to national registry on the 27th. Our instructor said that he will hold a mock registry the day before actual registry so we can get a feel for it. I've already been a "patient" for registry before. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for registry day?

well when doing your skills portion of registry one of the big important things is muscle memory when doing c-spine or k.e.d traction splints etc...
i have a 7 year old son so i have a lot of things around the house that helped me develop muscle memory.

for example, i used one of his old car seats with some added straps and what not to practice placing a patient in k.e.d precautions.

also i had an ironing board laying around so with the use of some extra belts for straps paper towel rolls for blocks and a neoprene muffle for a collar i had a c-spine board to practice spinal precautions on my sons stuffed animals :lol:

i also used a crutch and some bungee cords to use for a traction splint etc...
all this helped immensely with muscle memory if you use your imagination you can come up with all sorts of things that will give you an edge.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
wadford

wadford

Forum Crew Member
Well, I passed the nremt practicals! Now I'm just waiting on my approval to test letter from the nremt website then I can schedule my written exam. I'm just waiting on the school to confirm that I've completed the course.