Forum Probie
IMG_0350.jpg

Looks like staff is pretty happy..

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
nage.jpg

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Wait....So you're telling me a large, for-profit ambulance company in CA doesn't want to pay their workers a liveable wage or decent benefits 😲. All I heard was how much better Falck was going to be than AMR or PP. Guess not. Can't say im surprised.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I can say falck's benefits 3 years ago were very nice. Health insurance was better than what I have now at my county. And the 401k had a full 1:1 match for the first 6%. Guess things have gone down hill.

Wages were standard private wages.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
What's really embarrassing is the press release that the union put out... Falck made 2 billion last year, and 500 million in the first quarter... that's revenue and doesn't take into account any of the expenses to run a global EMS agency. How much was profit? also, the pandemic hit the US big-time starting in march, so it's likely the revenue numbers have fallen since the first quarter.. .

Also remember, Falck is a FOR PROFIT entity, so its goal is to make a profit. If they don't, they go out of business. Doesn't help the fact that may of the FDs run their own EMS system, and have FF/PMs working as first responders, making Falck a horizontal taxi service.

Pickets won't solve anything. I'm 100% pro-union, but the biggest way to enact change is to beat feet and find a job that will pay you more. Until you do that, your employer as you by the short hairs, and you are only able to get what the contract specifies. and if Falck is violating the contract, then you need to take legal action, not try to get emotional support to make the big company change.