Airway management survey

travis12

Forum Ride Along
Hello,
Hello, I am a graduate student and am trying to get some insight on the biggest challenges in prehospital airway management. I have created a 10 question survey and would greatly appreciate any input/insight this group could provide.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RLW8RSN

Also if you have any feedback on questions I should be asking please let me know.

Thank you!

michael150

Forum Crew Member
Done!

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
Done. Concern with your methodology: You need to ask how often these devices are being used. My agency is fairly slow, so my responses shouldn't be weighted the same as someone who runs a code or two a week.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I attempted to take the survey however decided not to finish it since my answers were not all accurate.
I have used blind airway devices and intubation tubes and have not had any complications, as of yet, aside from difficult airways. There should be an option that lists “no complications”. The only option is “haven’t used these devices”.

OP
OP
T

travis12

Forum Ride Along
I attempted to take the survey however decided not to finish it since my answers were not all accurate.
I have used blind airway devices and intubation tubes and have not had any complications, as of yet, aside from difficult airways. There should be an option that lists “no complications”. The only option is “haven’t used these devices”.
Can't believe I didn't think to put that option! I can't change it now (as it doesn't allow changes after it gets some responses) but I will keep that in mind as I move forward. Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
T

travis12

Forum Ride Along
Done. Concern with your methodology: You need to ask how often these devices are being used. My agency is fairly slow, so my responses shouldn't be weighted the same as someone who runs a code or two a week.
That is a good point, I've used the NEMSIS data cube to try to get an idea of total number of procedures nationwide. I'll have to try to figure out how to tie all these points together. I suppose the complications encountered could vary greatly on the medic's proficiency as opposed to issues with the devices themself. Thanks!