Age when you joined EMS

OminousFinding

Forum Probie
This a great thread to see all the different ages of people involved in EMS.

I've been doing this for just about a year. Started when I was almost 25, and I just turned 26. I'm trying to see how I can become employed as a FF within the next 2 years or so.

For now, I have a Bachelor's in Business and work one of those squishy corporate jobs. I can't stand it...this is a bad fit and it's not what I want to be doing with the rest of my life.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
EMT-I class at 18 right after high school and first job shortly there-after. I'm 22 now, so that makes going on 4 years then.

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
lol.. leaving the legal field to go into emt.. any advice? Thanks ... :)

OminousFinding

Forum Probie
lol.. leaving the legal field to go into emt.. any advice? Thanks ... :)

There are many ways to "go into emt" as mentioned in another thread. What are your goals, and how much are you willing to sacrifice what you already have for what you really want to do? Since this is an "age" thread, do you think age will be an issue?

A couple of our volunteers....well, let's just say they've done very well in life and their "ship has already sailed" in terms of making a career out of EMS. They do it because they're retired (although, some are not retirement age). They bring very valuable experience to the program and are also great emt's/FF's as well. One thing they have in common: None of them do it for the money :)

Last edited by a moderator:

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
no age is not an issue... im only 25 and I would trade everything I have to be an emt.. its what Ive wanted all my life.. and really.. I just posted this on here because I saw someone post that emt beats the legal field any day.. lol ;)