AED's

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
monitor/defibs can do things that an aed cant. they can monitor(disreagrd aeds that display 1 lead), 12lead, pace, syncronized cardiovert, serve as a code recorder. all features that only als level providers need.

Wish i didn't have to wait to go right into medic. Basic is really basic.

IrishMedic

Forum Crew Member
just so its out there the LP 12 can be purchase from medtronic with the option of just having a AED function and the 3/4/12 Lead , BP, Spo2, Event Recorder etc...i know because i was asked to research for a service i worked with before....therefore legally it would be an AED

eh i was checkin in euro and it was gonna cost similar to the normal als unit. they charge you for the base unit and then each tool (like Spo2; BP; etc.) is and additional cost. eh if you go on the medtronic website you can work it out the cost of what your interested in... it was a good package though

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
so your paying for a full tilt lp12, but they arent giving you the pacer or the syncronized cardioversion. they're giving you the III lead, XII lead(which you cant use), the NIBP(which is generally considerd crap) and SpO2(ditto).

yeah, thats a hell of a deal....

IrishMedic

Forum Crew Member
i dunno what it wud cost over there, but for what we have to pay for equipment in ireland compared to other things it was worth the price....aed you can use all the 3/4/12 lead ecgs, u can use the event, all thats missing off it is the manual defib and pacing and snyncronized cardioversion...it beats having a seperate automatic BP machine (less reliable) but nothing beats manuals trust me, separate pulse ox, so pros against cons, LP12 AED version worked out cheaper than other options we looked at...my experience with NIBP is pretty good, i mean every automatic BP will have issues....ill always have Initial BP done manually and any of my EMT's that i work with, knw what i expect when we arrive on scene. im a young medic and fresh but ive a good head on my shoulders and was lucky to have great preceptors and instructors on my course.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
irish medic:

first off, i apoligize for the "which you cant use" comment. first off, i didnt notice your in ireland(amazingly th4e "irish medic" didnt ti[ me off) and second i didnt know your a medic.

second, and really the more important question, whats a pint of guiness go for over there. i only ask because i've hand about 7 tonight and im curious.

btw, im paying anywhere from 5-8/pint in usd.

wow, im rambling. im going to wuit now.

Scout

Para-Noid
Trust me your getting the Guinness cheaper, €5-€8 would be our range,

Irish medic, what sort of cost were you getting off that package?

IrishMedic

Forum Crew Member
eh guiness is about 5 euro here and the quote i was gettin was around 3500 euro

Last edited by a moderator:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
ouch. thats harsh

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
is it more expensive than other beers? Or is ETOH in general expensive?

Scout

Para-Noid
is it more expensive than other beers? Or is ETOH in general expensive?

YOu see thats the problem they had an objection to us drinking ETOH, you even have to sign for some if in in chemists,

No €5 is ballpark and up for all pints (568ml) in the us thou a pint is only 473.
See the metric system is the way for ward,,

On a side i wish to appolagise for steriotyping the irish by having a conversation about drink in my first posts

:rolleyes: