AEDs

Scout

Para-Noid
Can anyone tell me if there is much physical space inside an AED,

I'm thinking someone here has broken one at some stage? Also if you have will you say which AED model it was

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
What are you thinking about trying to smuggle?

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

Para-Noid
Drugs.

Woops sorry Freudian slip, Amm i want to add functionality, like a hardware update on a computer but i don't want to open ours.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Drugs.

Woops sorry Freudian slip, Amm i want to add functionality, like a hardware update on a computer but i don't want to open ours.

Depends on the make, model and brand. Most models made since 2005 can be upgraded...by the manufacturer! It would make sense that a tamper resistant lock has been installed to prevent people from making their own upgrades I would hope though!

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

Para-Noid
The upgrades are replacing a chip, it requires no extra physical room.

I cant see a tamper resistant lock but it is a medical device and i do not want to mess with one that is in use, and we have no spares. I have a trainer I can open but I would not know if the innards look the same. In fact i doubt it.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
The upgrades are replacing a chip, it requires no extra physical room.

I cant see a tamper resistant lock but it is a medical device and i do not want to mess with one that is in use, and we have no spares. I have a trainer I can open but I would not know if the innards look the same. In fact i doubt it.

Not much going on inside units as far as space goes. Trainers are not the same..they have more, not less space inside.

Rob123

Forum Crew Member
I always envisioned mass producing a convenient AED/Lunch box.
I don't know if I can get venture capital funding for my idea.

:blush:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Most places forbid work except by a certified tech.

1. Malpractice suits.
2. Likelihood of ruining the machine.
3. Potential for self-injury.
4. How would you test it?

Work with the mfgr or go earn your cert.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

Para-Noid
MyCroft, henc why I'm not opening ours. I'm looking at doing this as part of a college project in which case the lucky unit would be removed from service or a spefic unit purchased for that reason. I also don't need more than the general space available until I'm well down the development cycle.

I'm not talking about "modding" it to the extent of interfering with its electrical or mechanical components, just using the extra space available if any. If there is none and i need to get onto medtronic and ask for a specialty unit to be produced. But i want to see how feasible the concept is before I go down that route.

If anyone is interested I'll chat via PM but until i can decide on the idea and set up a patient if applicable I don't want to broadcast it.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
MyCroft, henc why I'm not opening ours. I'm looking at doing this as part of a college project in which case the lucky unit would be removed from service or a spefic unit purchased for that reason. I also don't need more than the general space available until I'm well down the development cycle.

I'm not talking about "modding" it to the extent of interfering with its electrical or mechanical components, just using the extra space available if any. If there is none and i need to get onto medtronic and ask for a specialty unit to be produced. But i want to see how feasible the concept is before I go down that route.

If anyone is interested I'll chat via PM but until i can decide on the idea and set up a patient if applicable I don't want to broadcast it.

I have a couple of old standard trainers..interested?

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

Para-Noid
thanks for the offer but trainer i have a plently, and i'm not shy opening the companies ones. But i doubt they would be a good guide to space availible.

I think its time to start penning emails and get an answer, thanks for the help

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
thanks for the offer but trainer i have a plently, and i'm not shy opening the companies ones. But i doubt they would be a good guide to space availible.

I think its time to start penning emails and get an answer, thanks for the help

If all ya want to do is open one, I have an old standard machine, maybe 2. PM if yer interested.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
S-s-s-h-h-h!

Good luck!
While you're in there, how about some more settings, like "Reddenbacher" and "Jumpstart"?;)