Advise needed

InjuredOnTheJob

Forum Ride Along
What to do if injured on the job, still in a little pain. But have a 2nd job (that was already in the process of hiring) that I need/want to get on board with. My feelings are hurt and I don't have any mentors to turn to for advise.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Go through the workman’s comp process at the company you got injured at and inform your other company of what happened. That is going to be your best option.

OP
OP
I

InjuredOnTheJob

Forum Ride Along
Thank you kindly. I thought I would lose out because they would feel like I'm a liability to their company.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Go through the workman’s comp process at the company you got injured at and inform your other company of what happened. That is going to be your best option.
What desert said. A lot of respect comes from honest communication. Fill out workers comp and and inform the second job if needed.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Companies understand injuries happen. It is a part of life.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Oh and try to find yourself someone you can talk to about this kind of stuff. Heck an internet forum is a start. It will help you immensely with the personal mental health side of this job.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
You advise someone by giving advice. Beyond that, I can't make head or tails of your post. I get that you had an on the job injury but that's all I can nail down. I don't understand how the second job ties in. Really, I just have no idea what you're trying to communicate to us. I'd be happy to try and offer some advice, but you're going to have to try writing that again with details regarding the whole situation from soup to nuts, preferably contained in complete sentences.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Mgr22. My injury occured due to my partner's action not my own.

If you're saying your "feelings are hurt" because your partner injured you, I recommend you not dwell on who was at fault. There are lots of things that can go wrong during any emergency response; most of them don't involve intent to injure. An example from my own past would be an ambulance wreck when I wasn't driving. Although my partner was at fault, he wasn't trying to hurt me; he was just trying to get from Point A to Point B as fast as he could. Sign up for EMS, and these things will happen to you, no matter how much PPE you wear. He visited me in the hospital, said he was sorry, and that was good enough for me.

Another reason not to dwell on the cause of your injury is that doing so makes it harder for you to put it behind you and either get on with your job or find another. You can't undo what's happened. Maybe you got a raw deal, but you just have to try to move forward. What's the alternative? Nothing constructive I can think of.

A final thought: I'm not suggesting there's some button you can push to suddenly make everything ok. Even if you forgive your partner and move along, you may still have physical and/or emotional issues that require maintenance -- perhaps indefinitely. You can seek help and get on with your life simultaneously. If you have new limitations secondary to your injury, try focusing on what you CAN do, rather than what you can't.

OP
OP
I

InjuredOnTheJob

Forum Ride Along
Spoken like a very wise individual. And for that I thank you on your wisdom to know the right words to say without coming off as (well I will just stop right there).
And I truly don't blame my partner, (it could have easily been a shoe on the other foot situation). I did however hurt my wrist on my dominant hand (starting process of WC, 1st time dealing with them) an with my job currently an the new one, they require lifting the stretcher so that is what hurt my feeling. ( Hey I'm a girl, I cry during the news. Forgive me). So that why I was wondering if my new job would not want to take me due to my Injury. It seems to just be lingering pain when I twist it certain ways doing normal every day things like eating with a folk ( I know just dont twist it that way - Right). But I thank you for your reply and kind words along with the other 2 above that replied. I think I understand things a little better.