Address generator?

bobsicle

Forum Ride Along
I am trying to transfer to a new private ambulance company so I can run more with fire. I was just wondering if their was a website out there where I could give a random city and it would generate an address or city block and street from within that city. The area I'm looking to run in I know pretty well, but I really want to study the city and I think the best way is just by getting a random address and trying to map yourself. Any help at all would be awesome.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
The best way to get around is to know the major roads/highways and the cross streets. If you know those you can get just about anywhere.

I don't know of any website that will do that but a lot of cities have similar named streets. main for ex. you can go to google maps and put in a few random addresses and it will most likely work.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Just drop your finger onto a random spot on the map. Navigate yourself there, then navigate to one of the hospitals. Rinse, repeat.

But as Tim said, start by just canvassing the key routes if you don't know those yet.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I've learned a lot of my response areas by listening to the radio, and navigating myself to the addresses Fire and Police are dispatched to. I do it when working in other cities, to think about how best to get to the scene, figure out closest hospital, peds ED, and trauma center, then navigate there...

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
google earth???

I used GPS a lot when I first started at my new job, I took my personal one in for the longest time and learned the area from there.