ACP? CMA? ALberta medics/emts

ironcoffin

Forum Ride Along
IS there any reason ACP is still active? And CMA is removed correct? I know there was that whole thing with ACP and the Canadian College of EMS where they removed their license to teach and was extremely illegal on their part since the "HEALTH DISCIPLINES ACT" decides on if a school in a medical field should have their license removed.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
IS there any reason ACP is still active? And CMA is removed correct? I know there was that whole thing with ACP and the Canadian College of EMS where they removed their license to teach and was extremely illegal on their part since the "HEALTH DISCIPLINES ACT" decides on if a school in a medical field should have their license removed.

A) this should have been posted in the International EMS forum.

B ) Not entirely sure what you're asking here; ACP would have to be active... They're the EMS licensing body for Alberta. CMA is a federal organization, which is still active as well...

I haven't heard of ACP removing the CCoEMS teaching license, but I may be correct in assuming you're thinking about CCoEMS having their accreditation with the ACP being pulled... (which was a long time coming, and a good move imo).

Last edited by a moderator:

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
I'm going to assume that the OP was going to CCoEMS for his EMT. I also believe that ACP pulling their accreditation is a good move on their part.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm going to assume that the OP was going to CCoEMS for his EMT. I also believe that ACP pulling their accreditation is a good move on their part.

Likewise; if the OP does/did go to CCoEMS, he/she definitely is not doing them any favours by posting in an inappropriate and unprofessional manner.:rolleyes:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Doing a quick "other posts" search, the OP is/was definitely a student at CCoEMS (OP made a BVJ 09 thread a while ago; CCoEMS students worked the medical standby)

I, too, was at BVJ 09 when the stage collapsed while working my other job (security). I volunteered to provide medical and rescue services and was stuck with a highly egotistical know-it-all EMT-A (who really didn't know it all... couldn't properly use MCI triage cards despite being, and I quote, "specially trained in MCIs")

That, and other experiences at BVJ with CCoEMS students and instructors, I'm glad that CCoEMS lost their accreditation. /end rant.