About validating foreign EMT certificates

eurocopter

Forum Ride Along
Hi folks!

I'm posting from Spain. I'm air-nurse (on a HEMS) and Advanced-EMT. I'm thinking about moving to the States.

I'd like to know if there's a way of validating or register my certificates over there. I've got several american courses, like PHTLS, PPC, BLS, ALS, HEMS crew member, ... and more than 3000 hours on related items courses (rescue, AED, pathology, RX... ). Is there any way to validate or aply for PAramedic course?

Do you know which are the steps that I hace to follow?

Thanks a lot.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
First step would be to either contact the nursing board in the state you want to move to or the NREMT and ask about reciprocity

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Nursing is your best try mate. The NREMT are a bunch of closed minded **** heads quite frankly, despite the fact most of us foreign Ambulance Officers/Technicians/PCPs/ACPs/Paramedics/Intensive Care Paramedics/Your Title Here have double to quadrupile the amount of education/experience than the US will ever require.

Most of us have at least the equivalent of a two year or Bachelors Degrees in Paramedicine and autonomous experience at things like combination analgesia and RSI which most places in the US won't get for forseeably the next decade but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Unless the US starts employing people to swan in to a job on a helicopter wearing an orange jumpsuit with "DOCTOR" written on it then I'm probably staying put.

Shame, the US would be nice to work in for a little bit to get some experience.