A Denver Health paramedic fakes his license, and his boss keeps it under wraps

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
A Denver Health paramedic fakes his license, and his boss keeps it under wraps

In 2006, veteran Denver Health paramedic Robert Loop unmasked serial paramedic impersonator Brett Andrews at the scene of a rollover car crash ("The Impersonator," August 31, 2006). "I knew that something wasn't right, because he was wearing our uniform, but I didn't recognize him," Loop said then.

Two years later, it's Loop who has been accused of faking things. As first reported on westword.com, state officials say Loop forged a document that allowed him to work for six months without proper authorization at Denver Health Medical Center.

Read More!

phabib

Forum Lieutenant
I was sad about this. The news went crazy over this and whenever they mention Denver Health Paramedics from now on they'll probably bring this up.

For all the negative press, Denver Health has the best ambulance service in Denver IMO. I was trained there and everyone was both professional and more importantly, extremely knowledgeable.

eggshen

Forum Lieutenant
He knew he was in deep...never touched a pt after he lapsed though. At least there's that. Not a lot but it could have been much worse. The shame is, the guy is (was) a brilliant medic and has been for a long time. I miss having him around.

Egg