9/11 - Forgotten?

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Jon,

You're on to something. I had three students this year who had friends/family members directly involved in 9/11 in New York, and one had a neighbor that died not from the incident, but from working on scene in the weeks following. He had some horrible breathing condition that was attributed to working at ground zero in the days following 9/11.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Yep.

And how many more HAVE died of injuries sustained working "the pile" in the months after the attacks?

How many have died in OTHER incidents related to the attack damage? Deutche Bank?

How many more WILL die?

I think 343 is only a drop in the bucket. It is a familiar number... but it will be a LOT more. :sad:

2 FFs from the Deutche Bank I think.

All will die. Nobody has beaten that one yet. :rolleyes:

Okay a more appropriate answer is it is unknown. It is finally being recognized as a problem but it won't ever get tallied into the total that died on that day.

JessEMT983

Forum Ride Along
Alright, so I'm kinda late jumping on board for this post. My apologies for that. I think it's a shame that it took something as tragic as 9/11 to bring this country together, and now, 7 years later, it seems as though people have forgotten:sad:. I was a freshman in high school when it happened and I still remember exactly where I was. I saw the plane hit the second tower on live tv. I was proud of EMS workers/FF's before, but now that I'm in the EMS field and have many fire/EMS friends, it makes me even more proud to be in this line of work. Those who died on Sept. 11, to me, are the real heroes, because they died doing what they did best-saving lives. Their sacrifice will never be forgotten. I will never forget September 11. God bless you all.

Jess

EMTDON970

Forum Crew Member
How can we forget it? its pounded in our heads every year..

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
"Pounded" That is one word that I would have never used.............-_-
All of the pain and suffering that people went through and that is how someone would sum it up. Very sad indeed.

reaper

Working Bum
I think PD,FD and EMS will never forget. It is the John Q public that forgot within a year.