6 Farmington Missouri FF hurt in an early morning roll over

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Six firefighters were hurt early this morning when their firetruck crashed on the way to a fire, the Missouri Highway Patrol said.

The truck was on Highway F at Best Road about 1:40 a.m. with its emergency lights flashing when the right tires dropped off the right side of the highway, the patrol said. The firetruck's driver overcorrected, causing the pumper to veer off the highway and flip.

Five of the firefighters, ages 19 to 45, had minor injuries. The driver, Charles E. Farr, 30, of Farmington, was flown by helicopter to St. John's Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur for treatment of serious injuries.
36697_449370700870_233171300870_6643918_1187974_n.jpg

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh my gosh. That is terrible. I hate the way certain people on my department drive. I can tell you, from the officers seat, it is bad sometimes. Especially in a rural area where there is a little six inch shoulder on the road. The driver is still pretty close to the double yellow, while the right rear is actually in the gravel on the roadside. I have had to holler on multiple occasions.

That picture and story is getting printed and hung in the station next time I'm in there.

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
I'm told that there weren't any life threatening injuries...hope that's the case.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm told that there weren't any life threatening injuries...hope that's the case.
Yeah, they probably overreacted and flew the driver for something not very serious "just to be on the safe side".

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, they probably overreacted and flew the driver for something not very serious "just to be on the safe side".
Looking at the drivers side's condition, I'm willing to bet they had some reason to do so. It sounds like it was a frontal/left side collision.