2020 Gathering of the Eagles, big changes..

FiremanMike

Just a dude
For those who haven't seen, the 2020 Gathering of the Eagles has changed in both location and setup..

There will still be the 2 day "rapid fire" presentations from the docs about emerging trends, it will be on Thursday and Friday this year (instead of Fri-Sat)

There will also be a 3 day "preconference" with an agenda that looks similar to a standard conference, with some breakout sessions, a resuscitation academy, etc..

Dates are June 8-12 and it'll be in Hollywood FL (near Ft Lauderdale)

I put in paperwork for it, this would be my third Eagles if I can go.. I really enjoy this conference.. I like some of the stuff on Wednesday and am trying to go for that, but I the doc presentations are where it's really at..

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'd love to go to more conferences. By my agency does not support outside education and I don't make fancy fireman wages.

OP
OP
F

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I'd love to go to more conferences. By my agency does not support outside education and I don't make fancy fireman wages.

I begged and fought for this one.. It's the only conference I ask to go to and it's relevant to me as my entire job is EMS Training and QI.. I always make a "post-Eagles" training to pass along the emerging trends

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
My agency is sending myself, another paramedic and the clinical manager and medical director.

We go every year to a few different conferences, this usually being one of them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Why must this fall during our battalion live burn week.... This is high on my list of conferences to attend.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
It’s an old term, is current, and isn’t taken lightly. Calling themselves “Eagles” is a huge egostical “F-U” to the Military Pilots who fought and died protecting our Nation and the World.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
It’s an old term, is current, and isn’t taken lightly. Calling themselves “Eagles” is a huge egostical “F-U” to the Military Pilots who fought and died protecting our Nation and the World.
Again. I guess if you're in that circle, maybe. I'd bet a few dollars most people don't know that term for that purpose.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
The phrase was originally coined by a member of the media and the term stuck.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yea, that's definitely what these docs were after. You can choose to be offended, or you can just I dunno, consider other perspectives?

OP
OP
F

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Yea, that's definitely what these docs were after. You can choose to be offended, or you can just I dunno, consider other perspectives?

There is definitely an ego and a fair bit of self-stroking during the conference, but I enjoy the format and it's an excellent conference for learning what everyone else around the country is actually doing and trying..