12 lead

Ontherocks

Forum Ride Along
Curious on thoughts, my paramedic partner at my old job didn't know how to do a 12 lead ekg. The supervisor paramedic with us was going to show my partner but then didn't even do the 12 lead them self. Pt had a recent heart attack, unconscious, known diabetic and on ventilator. Was new to ems then, and now unfortunately out of it. Thanks

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Cool story bro. Question? We're all waiting.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
They did say "Curious on thoughts" at the beginning, so I suspect the question is "What are your thoughts on this?"

I cannot believe that they are a paramedic and don't know how to do a 12-lead. I didn't understand the paramedic supervisor part; Did they didn't know how to do a 12-lead either? Are they paramedics from the stone ages that still backboard and put a non rebreather on anything that moves within 15 ft of them? Do they say "treat the patient, not the monitor"? LMFAO.

Personally, I think a 12-lead is a waste of time on most unconscious patients. The only unconscious patients that I make sure to do it on is post cardiac arrest patients, and I'll do it on an unconscious patient if they have an "interesting" 3-lead. For this call you are describing, I am wondering if the "unconscious" thing is what you were called out for, if it is even a new thing for this vent dependent patient?