10 things you should or should not do when you call an ambulance

OP
OP
E

ERFAQs

Forum Ride Along
I'm thinking of something that would be on a fridge or corkboard in a kitchen or an office. The target audience would be babysitters, caregivers, office managers - anyone who is likely to call an ambulance but does not have medical training.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Do you think that terms like "dispatcher" and "emergency medical responders" are OK?
how about emergency telecommunicator and EMT/paramedic/EMS professional?

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
Do you think that terms like "dispatcher" and "emergency medical responders" are OK.
In many places, "Emergency Medical Responder" is the lowest possible level of EMS training, even below EMT-basic.

INBOUNDCODE3

Forum Ride Along
Don't tell our dispatchers to have us respond without using our lights & sirens because: Fill in the blank___________________.

Don't tell us to swing into opposing traffic MACH: 3, lights flickering & siren blaring like they do on TV.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Don't tell our dispatchers to have us respond without using our lights & sirens because: Fill in the blank___________________.
Please, fill it in for us? I've had them request this in the past. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

INBOUNDCODE3

Forum Ride Along
Not a deal at all to me, just piping in.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Please, fill it in for us? I've had them request this in the past. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal.
Actually, the only time i've said this is a "big deal" is when the officers on scene requested a response without lights and sirens for a very minor MVA, and then started complaining that it took us too long to arrive.