the 100% directionless thread

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Actually, the best taco shop I've ever eaten at is this place called Rolando's Just off of the 8 at Rosecrans. Get the "2 in 1" burrito, not on the menu, but it's amazing. It's a California burrito with 2 rolled tacos rolled up inside of it.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually feel worse about animals sometimes. It's so hard to tell how much they understand, and the ones that know you trust you so much. And yeah, unless you've got a vet right there, it's all in your hands.

Exactly. They just look at you and you can tell they are asking for help, but you can't do anything except try to make them comfotable. I just don't know why it is so hard.

And I have got such a soft spot for animals too........

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
1 hour of sleep due to pounding hail, torrential rain, and endless lightning making me worry the tent would collapse..

Over 10 continuous hours out in the field with no break, again in constant cold rain.

15+ miles hiking over rough terrain and carrying out litters on same terrain with incompetent newbs that don't pull their own weight.

Not a happy camper today!!! Very glad to be in my nice dry, warm home... sitting down. I still secretly loved it though, deep down.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Dang it. Lost a calf today that wasn't 14 hours old. I am not used to fighting for and loosing life I guess. It is real different when you are have a pt checking out and you can speed up and dump them for definative care. With your animals, you are definative care. (With the DVMs initial assistance and continued "on line" input of course.)

I know it is an animal, but it still make ya feel bad.

sorry to hear about that. Hows the one you had to pull?

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
You are missing out, but nothing you can do about it.

Besides you can get equivalent of Rosa's at any one of those little taco shops in Cleburne.

I did my EMT-B ride time out there and we ate at 2 places that I remember to be on par with Rosa's.

New one, called Montes, definitely one of my stops through town. :)

mct601

RN/NRP
they are very few and far between and usually usher you out after 2 plates lol

over here i can let the fat man inside me jump out hahah (im only like 11 stone though) ive never ate steak, chicken and chinese all within half an hour before, its cool!!!

found a bass pro outdoor world they seem to stock airsoft/paint ball stuff.

im heading out to stuff my face again and gain another few kgs lol:p

Bass Pro carries everything outdoor and redneck lol.

2 plates? Man... I eat ~6 when I go to buffets, depending on how filling the food is. I wonder how I've managed to maintain a mere 154lbs my entire life :ph34r:

Glad you're enjoying it though.

1 hour of sleep due to pounding hail, torrential rain, and endless lightning making me worry the tent would collapse..

Over 10 continuous hours out in the field with no break, again in constant cold rain.

15+ miles hiking over rough terrain and carrying out litters on same terrain with incompetent newbs that don't pull their own weight.

Not a happy camper today!!! Very glad to be in my nice dry, warm home... sitting down. I still secretly loved it though, deep down.

Honestly, besides the part of the newbs not pulling their slack, that does sound kinda fun in a sick way.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
An Army Sergeant just called a local volunteer fire department and asked if they had an emergency number to American Red Cross. He said that the air conditioner in their barracks went out and their 'offices' won't answer the phone on the weekends, and he has 65 military personnel with no place to sleep tonight. My firefighter asked me, and I gave him the number.
Their barracks are located in Grand Prairie (between Dallas and Fort Worth, a good hour away from us.)

Caused some confusion as to why they would call us.

Weird.

Then again, there isn't any air conditioning in the desert of Iraq.:ph34r:

emt_irl

Forum Captain
Bass Pro carries everything outdoor and redneck lol.

2 plates? Man... I eat ~6 when I go to buffets, depending on how filling the food is. I wonder how I've managed to maintain a mere 154lbs my entire life :ph34r:

Glad you're enjoying it though.

6 plate fulls? your sir are my hero haha id explode!

went into bass pro and spent hours there its such a cool shop, picked up a few bits for my airsoft gun lets hope delta or customs dont take them as a present

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

went into bass pro and spent hours there its such a cool shop, picked up a few bits for my airsoft gun lets hope delta or customs dont take them as a present

Any way you can mail them home to yourself? I did that when I visited NZ and Australia on a P2P trip 8 years ago or so for stuff that wouldn't fit in my luggage

emt_irl

Forum Captain
Any way you can mail them home to yourself? I did that when I visited NZ and Australia on a P2P trip 8 years ago or so for stuff that wouldn't fit in my luggage

i suppose i could but the risk of dammage and cost i think id rather try bring them home myself. as they couldnt even be classed as fire arms accessories its just a laser a dot sight(not a scope) and a bottle of plastic 6mm bb's

mct601

RN/NRP

i suppose i could but the risk of dammage and cost i think id rather try bring them home myself. as they couldnt even be classed as fire arms accessories its just a laser a dot sight(not a scope) and a bottle of plastic 6mm bb's

It's just an optic and BBs? Shouldn't be a problem then. The only trouble I've heard about airsoft going anywhere were the guns themselves... even with the blaze orange tip, customs can get ahold of them.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually, the best taco shop I've ever eaten at is this place called Rolando's Just off of the 8 at Rosecrans. Get the "2 in 1" burrito, not on the menu, but it's amazing. It's a California burrito with 2 rolled tacos rolled up inside of it.

The one by CMH?

emt_irl

Forum Captain
Nurse: "I think he might be dka"
ME:"What's his glucose?"
nurse:"175"
whats that in mmol/l ive seen someone borderline dka and it aint a nice sight, it was a hello als...... moment
It's just an optic and BBs? Shouldn't be a problem then. The only trouble I've heard about airsoft going anywhere were the guns themselves... even with the blaze orange tip, customs can get ahold of them.

yeah thats all. hopefully i will be ok!

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
In just a few days my book will be available! I'll let you know all the details. It's kinda weird having had literally years of delays to now have something tangible to put out there. I lived the stories and wrote about them for all of us, so I'm really looking forward to hearing of YOUR reactions to the work!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Interview at Pridemark Paramedics on Monday! At least one thing today went right.