the 100% directionless thread

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
And other than the fact that all these things have the letter "s" in them, they are related how?

I was cleaning my SCUBA gear, while watching a show on animal planet about pittbulls. My youngest son is doing a report and asking me questions about Panda bears. All while I was eating a pack of Twinkies. :ph34r:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Dr. Who Marathon on BBC America... Yea... I'm not leaving the couch today.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I was cleaning my SCUBA gear, while watching a show on animal planet about pittbulls. My youngest son is doing a report and asking me questions about Panda bears. All while I was eating a pack of Twinkies. :ph34r:

OK, cool.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
You're so cool, ice cubes are jealous.

mct601

RN/NRP
Ugh, second day of a massive headache and a feeling of general weakness and aches from head to toe. Hope this ends soon, BP is wanting me at a safety meeting soon :/

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Dr. Who Marathon on BBC America... Yea... I'm not leaving the couch today.
I wish I got BBC america. OH well, I'll settle for watching all the ones I've got downloaded

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Tonight's dispatch weather report: Hot with NO rain. :unsure:

8jimi8

CFRN
anisocoria

caught some pupillary changes in a patient the other night. stat stroke alert FTB having a new infarct.

I saved someon's brain, pretty cool.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Ugh, second day of a massive headache and a feeling of general weakness and aches from head to toe. Hope this ends soon, BP is wanting me at a safety meeting soon :/

I suggest you call an ambulance. But wait until 3:30 a.m.

"What's wrong?"
"I'm weak and hurt all over."
"How long has this been going on?"
"Two days."
*looks at watch* "...You can walk to my stretcher, right?"

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Why do all my unconscious / unresponsive / lethargic patients wake up fully the moment we pull in to the ambulance bay, and make me look like a liar?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Why do all my unconscious / unresponsive / lethargic patients wake up fully the moment we pull in to the ambulance bay, and make me look like a liar?

Mine too, I had an IO in one of them too. She was way out, or so I thought. Until the ER staff tried to cut her dress off. Then she came around enough to fight them off. I suppose it could be because we had finally brought her b/p up, but the doc gave me a really nice look......:wacko:

Another time I brought in a pt with an OPA and who I was bagging. As soon as we unloaded the gurney, he pushed the bag away and pulled out the OPA. Same doc gave me same look.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I felt like Chuck Norris at a recent event. I was dispatched to "Unresponsive pt, was responding 20 minutes ago"... I walked this "Unresponsive" patient back to the tent. Oh the wonders of dispatch. Since we were on non FCC private channels at an event, I proceeded to tell them that I was Chuck Norris and that I can in fact shock Asystole. I hate dispatch information sometimes.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
#%*$&! I just got in a wreck and proably totalled my truck out. Stupid
deer. They should be erriadicated! So now I am flat broke, with no vehicle. Beautiful, eh?

It was so strange. People always say it happens in slo-mo and they are right. I spun four or five 360s on the wet pavement before I rolled. Thank God I was wearing a seatbelt or I might not be posting this. The worst thing about it (besides it happening in general) is that I was in my own district when it happened and I know the dispatcher who took my call. I know all the fire guys who came, the amb crew and the deputy. Ugh!!!

So, I have no idea how the money thing will work out, but I am glad I am around to even worry about it.

Wish me luck.

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
deer. They should be erriadicated! So now I am flat broke, with no vehicle. Beautiful, eh?

It was so strange. People always say it happens in slo-mo and they are right. I spun four or five 360s on the wet pavement before I rolled. Thank God I was wearing a seatbelt or I might not be posting this. The worst thing about it (besides it happening in general) is that I was in my own district when it happened and I know the dispatcher who took my call. I know all the fire guys who came, the amb crew and the deputy. Ugh!!!

So, I have no idea how the money thing will work out, but I am glad I am around to even worry about it.

Wish me luck.
What happened? Sorry to hear about your truck, hope everything works out okay.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Wish me luck.

What kind of insurance did you have? If you had comprehensive that's supposed to cover animal accidents as well as stuff like theft.

Sorry to hear about this though man. Being broke with no vehicle is no fun.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea, sounds like they are going to cover it. I just think they are probably going to total it out. It is a great truck, so I don't know if I should buy it back and do some body work or what. There is no mecanical damage at all. The whole right side it busted up though. I'm amazed that the roof and both a-posts are good. The bed kinda bit the b-posts, but the shop said the roof looks good.

It spent almost an hour pretty much upside down, so I'm not sure what all the engine will need yet. It just seems a shame to junk a rig for some simple body damage. Granted, alot of body damage, but really, it can be fixed.

I am at a total loss for what to do now.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Have the shop check the frame too. If the impact knocked it off straight it's not gonna be a good DD again

busmonkey

Forum Crew Member
So... I went to play squash today, before going to work and I went to return a shot and smoked my patella with the butt of my racket. Holy hell it hurt like :censored::censored::censored::censored:!!!!!!

Now, I am sitting in the ambulance bay with my leg in a bucket of ice, thanking god that they installed the wifi in the station and hoping that I don't get any geriatric calls tonight. :p

what is everyone else up to?

Edit: Put to many censors in - sorry

Last edited by a moderator: