the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess what you call scary, i call interesting... :)

And what you call interesting I as and Intermediate call "run the other way."

I suppose a basic would call it sit down and cry?:p

JPINFV

Gadfly
I just found out I have to drive to Azusa for my orientation. AZUSA! That's over 120 miles one way.

Hehe... that's not too far from where I'm at. Just down the 210...

JPINFV

Gadfly
The only part of that perception you MIGHT be able to fix is the "always wears orange shorts" part :p

The question, though is, is it really worth fixing the other part? Variety is the spice of life...

mct601

RN/NRP
If I get an interview with Acadian, I'll have to fly... or drive for something like 16 hours.

lol that is true. Great company, too bad I apparently botched the interview.

Good thing for you is if they hire you, they provide dorms for the week of orientation. So the expense of a hotel won't be an issue. If you do land the interview and have any further questions, you know to feel free to shoot me a PM.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
which is funny because i actually spent about 400 on my two pairs of boots. The brighter side is that my boots are freaking awesome AND they look cool... lol

We have some handy (carcinogenic) decontamination wipes, sure the coil would suck to clean, but you can actually buy a cover for that spring, which makes it look like you are wearing weirdly platformed shoes lol.

If you buy the right kind of cover you can maybe get a tune out of it with each step. :D kinda the bag pipe affect. :ph34r:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Ran on an MI call yesterday at a clinic, doctor on scene. The doc gave the patient nitro prior to me getting there but didn't give ASA. When asked why, got the reply "waiting for you to get here"

Ummm...?

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
The question, though is, is it really worth fixing the other part? Variety is the spice of life...

Thanks, but I don't really plan on fixing the orange shorts part either. :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact as I posted that, I was looking on the company's website trying to find other various style of shorts, skirts, pants and capris to order in blaze orange.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks, but I don't really plan on fixing the orange shorts part either. :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact as I posted that, I was looking on the company's website trying to find other various style of shorts, skirts, pants and capris to order in blaze orange.

What about the DOT yellow vest color?

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yay going to go turn in all the paperwork and money for a passport tomorrow morning

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
After checking and rechecking and having others check and recheck, turning in application for volunteer EMS tomorrow :)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
After checking and rechecking and having others check and recheck, turning in application for volunteer EMS tomorrow :)

Time to take a deep breath, kid. It's all gonna work out.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I miss random parties in the chat.

Anyone? Anyone? I know you're all out there.

emt_irl

Forum Captain
im not much of a party dude tonight, im jetlagged flew from la gaurida to orlando today for part 2 of my vacation.

I LOVE ALL YOU MCAN EAT BUFFETS lol
sorry for shouting but im going to gain sooo much weight over here haha

randomly off topic, i play airsoft back home, any airsoft shops or military surplus shops in the orlando area?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Damn it... I just realized that the video card laptop I bought about a year and a half ago doesn't support shader model 3.0, and as such I can't play Tropico 3... FML.

On the bright side, I found this out before I opened it up, so at least I can still return it...

Sasha

Forum Chief
im not much of a party dude tonight, im jetlagged flew from la gaurida to orlando today for part 2 of my vacation.

I LOVE ALL YOU MCAN EAT BUFFETS lol
sorry for shouting but im going to gain sooo much weight over here haha

randomly off topic, i play airsoft back home, any airsoft shops or military surplus shops in the orlando area?

Yeah we are full of all you can eat buffets, you can find them for anything, chinese, lobster, jamaican, seafood, steak...