the 100% directionless thread

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Is your truck a lifted Toyota? Those are the most common for that catalytic converter to get stolen. A lot more people are not starting to weld or at least Tac weld the converter on.

You guessed it. Only a 0.5" lift to fit the bigger tires, but it isn't hard to get underneath it. Rarely do I have to jack it up and I'm a big dude.

I've got the new one on, I'm gonna take it over to a buddy's pretty soon so he can weld it for me. I doubt welding would be much of a deterrent, because they typically just cut them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Is your truck a lifted Toyota? Those are the most common for that catalytic converter to get stolen. A lot more people are not starting to weld or at least Tac weld the converter on.

Well, if you go to weld around exhaust pipes, make sure you wear a respirator in a well ventilated area. As my brother has found out the hard way (twice), galvanized metal poisoning (aka hot dip fever) is NOT fun, and tends to be worse every time it happens.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Deadlifts, how I hate thee :glare:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hmmm. Just had to give a statement to the FBI :unsure:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
vu4esatu.jpg

I came home from work to find steamed clams and beer. Best. In laws. Ever.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
New job, less days, better benefits...yeah!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Congrats Rocketmedic! I know there had been a rash of frustrations coming up lately with the previous job.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
While researching about PICCs for a thread I found a class at a local hospital to get PICC certified. Sounds interesting. Apparently you can make pretty good money doing PRN work.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Congrats Rocketmedic! I know there had been a rash of frustrations coming up lately with the previous job.

"High performance urban EMS" may not be my niche. I think this will be a good move for me.

That being said, I do like real hospitals. Head bleed today, total scene time 6 minutes, transport 10, CT scan 22 minutes following onset.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
I'm on lockdown due to the situation.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
New job, less days, better benefits...yeah!

Well, that's some great news.. I look forward to seeing you post about how much you like it..

While researching about PICCs for a thread I found a class at a local hospital to get PICC certified. Sounds interesting. Apparently you can make pretty good money doing PRN work.

I'd jump on that class faster than a fat chick on Ricky Martin. You gonna do it? I sure would.. Does it cost alot?

I'm on lockdown due to the situation.

Stay safe, I'll be sending all the good juju I cn your way. Been such a bad week for EMS across the county.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Did my first IO on a patient that wasn't dead today. Yep, they react to the flush just like you'd expect, even with 40 mg of Lidocaine.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I used the proximal anterior tibia. That's first line, but we're able to use a humeral or distal tibia insertion site as well. We use the EZ-IO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I used the proximal anterior tibia. That's first line, but we're able to use a humeral or distal tibia insertion site as well. We use the EZ-IO.

See, this is beyond my scope right now..

How do you prepare a patient for it? Do you say "This is going to hurt like a mother **%@ for about 10 seconds, hold still man.."?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
This pt. was pretty unresponsive, with a GCS of 5 or so. The first reaction of any kind I got out of him was when I started pushing Lidocaine. Otherwise, yes.