the 100% directionless thread

Epi-do

I see dead people
Usually the response I hear is 'a squirrel'.

I could have been a really big squirrel. I am sure the answer had something to do with his tox screen. He was positive for amphetamines, methamphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol. (I feel like I am forgetting something else that should be on that list, as if that isn't enough.)

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
PO2 of 52 on 15L NRB. No Bueno

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Last night was super busy. 2 patients ODed on "G" GHB and were transported to the hospital in respiratory arrest. In my BLS tent alone we had 18 patient who all took a bad dose of Molly MDMA and were having multiple problems. 6 people who took a little too much Acid. Now mix in all of the ETOH patients and yeah, busy as heck.

satapa4y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Last night was super busy. 2 patients ODed on "G" GHB and were transported to the hospital in respiratory arrest. In my BLS tent alone we had 18 patient who all took a bad dose of Molly MDMA and were having multiple problems. 6 people who took a little too much Acid. Now mix in all of the ETOH patients and yeah, busy as heck.

satapa4y.jpg

You travel back in time to work Woodstock or something?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
PO2 of 52 on 15L NRB. No Bueno

Did a CCT the other night on a trached pt on a ventilator, we were getting readings that just said <50% with a good waveform, even with FiO2 at 100%.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I shoulda known that there was no way I was gonna get off at 2300 after working from 0900-1700 then a partial from 17-23...

This is the :censored::censored::censored::censored: that really pisses me off. My off time is 2300, pull us out of the 911 system at 2235 just like if the unit was EOS so we can do the swap and I can restock the drugs for the medic coming on or over-lap me and my relief by a half an hour so I can go home on time.

If we catch a call in the next 15 minutes I'm gonna lynch a dispatcher with my shoulder mic cord when I get back to the garage. I don't give a rats *** if its national dispatch week.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Saw baby goo a few nights back. First time Ive ever been bothered. Eww.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Your baby goo was different than normal baby goo though.

Thats what bothers me. Total DIC + renal failure, not good. Fetus probably would have died of sepsis anyways. Suspected strep as the cause.

Chopped, not quite pureed.

Edit, just had a small earthquake. yey!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thats what bothers me. Total DIC + renal failure, not good. Fetus probably would have died of sepsis anyways. Suspected strep as the cause.

Chopped, not quite pureed.

Edit, just had a small earthquake. yey!

Strep? Really? In a gal that young?

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Weird, right?

Not really.. Strep can be passed from the mother to the infant during childbirth. Around 36-38 weeks gestation, the OB does a perianal swab and has it cultured for the strep B virus. If the mother tests positive for carrying strep B, antibiotics are administered to the mother during childbirth. Usually penicillin if there's no allergy.. The placenta passes the meds along to the fetus, and give the fetus a nice healthy dose of ABs in their blood.

The mother can be a carrier of strep B, but not be affected or ill, it's just in her digestive tract.. The only way to determine if the mother is a carrier is by proper prenatal care.. But even then, I've seen mothers who have tested negative for strep B, but the infant still got sepsis.. The :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty part, is that those little babies can go from healthy to critical in six hours.

I'm sorry dude... I really am. (hugs)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Alright guys,I lost my Littmann stethoscope over the weekend so I am going to start a brand new thread asking what stethoscope I should get :rofl: