the 100% directionless thread

Achilles

Forum Moron
This site needs a rule about trolls. For example, if you start a thread on carrying while in the back of an ambulance and that is your first post, and to never reply back in the thread. And to just watch people just argue.
If only... :rolleyes:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
The black cloud is officially back.

Status seizure and a young arrest yesterday.

Then today we get a fulminant pulmonary edema patient that went into respiratory arrest while on CPAP that we bagged all the way to the ER, about 20 minutes code 3 (no RSI and she had a gag).

A code 3 transfer to a PCI capable facility (classic Wellen's syndrome, not something you see every day!)

A rather sickly multiple CVA pt that syncoped and had a bp of 60/p.

Finally, to top it all off, a Vespa scooter vs a parked car at 35 mph with a $10 Walmart bicycle helmet on...

I like patients that make me think but that was a lot of paperwork for only a few calls! 7 ALS transports over the last two days, 4 code returns. I'm not sure how I feel about that statistic...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This site needs a rule about trolls. For example, if you start a thread on carrying while in the back of an ambulance and that is your first post, and to never reply back in the thread. And to just watch people just argue.
If only... :rolleyes:

There is one...but sometimes the reception a new member gets in response to their first post drives them away, instead of giving them a chance to learn something useful.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
If you post something wildly controversial as your first post, what else is going to happen?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The black cloud is officially back.

Status seizure and a young arrest yesterday.

Then today we get a fulminant pulmonary edema patient that went into respiratory arrest while on CPAP that we bagged all the way to the ER, about 20 minutes code 3 (no RSI and she had a gag).

A code 3 transfer to a PCI capable facility (classic Wellen's syndrome, not something you see every day!)

A rather sickly multiple CVA pt that syncoped and had a bp of 60/p.

Finally, to top it all off, a Vespa scooter vs a parked car at 35 mph with a $10 Walmart bicycle helmet on...

I like patients that make me think but that was a lot of paperwork for only a few calls! 7 ALS transports over the last two days, 4 code returns. I'm not sure how I feel about that statistic...

EDIT: Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation. Holy crap thats bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So we all know correlation =/= causation. Here's some more ammo for when you need to get that point across:

Jenny McCarthy Causes Autism

:lol:

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
Today is my first day of paramedic ride time. 12 hours in and we have not done a single call. My white cloud follows me.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Ohhh, Bioshock Infinite. I bought it last night and it's been pretty awesome so far.

3D WAIFU SIMULATOR.
Combat gets to be really frustrating after a bit. Using maxed carbine + sniper or Triple R and encounters either end in seconds or take forever. Should probably spend some of my giant pile of silver eagles on upgraded heavier weaponry, but everything I've used is disappointing.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I had to collect maple sap with only my oldest son's help yesterday, my spouse is at drill..

We got almost 200 gallons. I'm sore, my shoulders are killing me this morning. I keep a stash of Lidoderm patches in case my shingles flare up, I have two on my neck this morning. They work amazing for muscle pain..

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I had to collect maple sap with only my oldest son's help yesterday, my spouse is at drill..

We got almost 200 gallons. I'm sore, my shoulders are killing me this morning. I keep a stash of Lidoderm patches in case my shingles flare up, I have two on my neck this morning. They work amazing for muscle pain..

There is nothing like real maple syrup. My family buys our year supply from a local sap house on "Maine Maple Sunday" which is the 4rd Sunday in March. Its great knowing who actually made what you're eating. This year we had to also buy a gallon for my sister who lives out of state. She really missed it, and the real stuff that she could find in her area "Just wasn't the same"

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I have heard of Maine Maple Sunday. I have friends in Maine who participate in that, they said it's a pretty big deal 'round those parts..

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I've run three transports this entire tour so far and I may be losing my mind. I'm all for some *ahem* quiet shifts on occasion, but I've yet to even start an IV or do a 12 lead this week. Heck, I don't think I've opened my bag except to check it out!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've run three transports this entire tour so far and I may be losing my mind. I'm all for some *ahem* quiet shifts on occasion, but I've yet to even start an IV or do a 12 lead this week. Heck, I don't think I've opened my bag except to check it out!

That will change. Summer is almost here.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Had a MVC the other night where we had to extricate the passenger, but the driver walked away. When he was asked about what happened, he told us there was something in the road and he swerved to miss it. What was that something you ask? A werewolf.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I have heard of Maine Maple Sunday. I have friends in Maine who participate in that, they said it's a pretty big deal 'round those parts..

Oh it is. Its a cheap, fun day out. Hay-rides, lots of free samples, one of the places I go has an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for only a couple dollars, with plenty of hot, freshly made maple syrup. Another place sets up a petting-zoo of farm animals, and has people submit names for some of the animals that were just born, 'sap bucket' races for children, with prizes for the fasted run. There's a lot of drawings for free products. For a while it was the only time I could get maple cotton candy or maple peanuts, though now one of the local farm-stores sells the cotton candy year round, and I can get maple peanuts at another store.

Had a MVC the other night where we had to extricate the passenger, but the driver walked away. When he was asked about what happened, he told us there was something in the road and he swerved to miss it. What was that something you ask? A werewolf.

Usually the response I hear is 'a squirrel'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'll be damned if I get subpoenaed on my first call after FTO time. I mean please.